Questions about Garmon's race

I didn't see any frame/suspension rules. Does that mean its open or does it need to be like a pullin truck, stock frame and no 4-links.

X2 on the suspension

and

Any DOT Certified Tire is okay to race with?

Thanks

""All vehicles must be equipped to direct exhaust upward. Two 3/8 inch diameter bolts must be placed through the exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one inch of each other, within 12” of the turbo.""

If a truck has a full exhaust system that exits at the rear, & no light fouling issues, Will It be required to run a turn up on the tailpipe? Also, I'm certain the X bolts are for hood stacks, but will this apply to behind the cab stacks as well?

This is just like sled pullin, all exhaust must go up and all must have the cross bolts no exceptions. If you have a full exhaust you must put on an up pipe to make it go up.

This is just like sled pullin, all exhaust must go up and all must have the cross bolts no exceptions. If you have a full exhaust you must put on an up pipe to make it go up.

Thanks. To be clear... If you have a full behind the axle exhaust system, you DO, or DO NOT have to have cross bolts at the Bradenton Race??

I think the cross bolts are a safety deal. We had a truck explode a turbo and it had a exhaust to the bed then a stack to the top of the cab. It was on a dyno at an event and it rained the exhaust wheel pieces over a 50" area around the dyno and it did not have cross bolts. The largest part of the wheel came down on top of the cab and put about a 3" dent into the roof! I never thought it could get it all the way through the exhaust and out but after that one I am a believer in cross bolts to slow things down.

I think the cross bolts are a safety deal. We had a truck explode a turbo and it had a exhaust to the bed then a stack to the top of the cab. It was on a dyno at an event and it rained the exhaust wheel pieces over a 50" area around the dyno and it did not have cross bolts. The largest part of the wheel came down on top of the cab and put about a 3" dent into the roof! I never thought it could get it all the way through the exhaust and out but after that one I am a believer in cross bolts to slow things down.

x2, seen it myself before too.

For trucks that normally have nitrous systems. What needs to be done to pass tech? Is having no nitrous bottles good enough or does the system need to be fully removed?

Most rules will say you can't have anything at all that has to do with spray installed on the truck. I have gotten away with having water line hooked up but showed them the other end where the pump and tank was removed and it was ok, that was at schieds. If you have nitrous the safest bet is to remove the bottle and the solenoids an you will pass.

You say # 2 diesel only, but have no way of teching fuel. Jeff told me that He didn't care what was in the tank. This factored in on my entry. If you’re going to have a fuel rule, then you must be able to tech.
I want to run my sponsors Shell Racing diesel, Or SynDiesel.
You can say #2 only, but if you do not intend to check, or don't have the means to tech, then the rule in meaningless.

There is no way to tech additives ,

You say # 2 diesel only, but have no way of teching fuel. Jeff told me that He didn't care what was in the tank. This factored in on my entry. If you’re going to have a fuel rule, then you must be able to tech.
I want to run my sponsors Shell Racing diesel, Or SynDiesel.
You can say #2 only, but if you do not intend to check, or don't have the means to tech, then the rule in meaningless.

There is no way to tech additives ,
Yes there is, pump all tanks out, and pump in from the same tank. Get shell to give everybody some diesel.

That’s a possibility, but checking fuel for 100 trucks, is almost impossible in the time frame, and if you going to try and tech fuel, it means additives as well. If additives are legal, then fine, my additive is 99% SynDiesel, to my 1% #2 diesel

Once again, this thread is for questions on the race ONLY!! It is NOT for calling out Greg, or anyone else on claims.

I'm sure there will be No way to tech the fuel itself....So add what you like..

Just don't cry when you get beat by someone that IS only burn old #2 and has a door stop Piston in the motor!! Yes, Slowpoke has an old piston they used for a door stop in his motor!!

Still working on the answer about the lines having to be removed....but I'd say that no bottles / tanks will be ok....I'll get with Jeff / Gary tmrw...

Just a suggestion on the water/nitrous questions, what about removing the supply line going to the motor and capping the inlet. During tech that cap is marked with tamper evident paint. Easy, cheap and quick.

For a $50,000 race , remove all traces of the system NX or water. sorry, but NHRA will not allow you to show up with a nitrous system in Super Stock .

Keep it simple to police, and let everyone be part of that , let any one that wants to look under your hood , truck back seat , or where ever have free rain.

I am sponsoring a entry one way or another, but If I do, not build for this class, I will volunteer to be part of tech ,
With 25 years of running comp, I know or about every way to hide anything,.
Not that I did, but …… We talked about it every long ride home after a had loss……

How will the top 16 be determined? Will it be the quickest one pass of the 16 trucks or the combined times of the three passes?

How will the top 16 be determined? Will it be the quickest one pass of the 16 trucks or the combined times of the three passes?

Already answered this one but I know its hard to follow such a huge thread..

Just the quickest pass of the three that you are allowed in qualifying.....And yes if someone gets a great pass the first time out and they opt to not run the other two, that's ok too...

Back