Having trouble with smarty jr. Need help

05chevy

gear head
Friend of mine has a 07 6.7 with dpf delete, egr delete and a smarty jr. He is getting exhaust gas temp code every morning and a baro pressure sensor code when he gets into it. It never showed any codes before he did the egr delete. Is the smarty jr capable of shutting the egr off? Is that the cause of these 2 codes? Any help would be appreciated.

Make sure you have the Smarty Jr67me. Make sure it's ME. It not download the software from Mads.

And with smarty you have to have the egr plugged in, if you delete the egr completely, take the plunger apart and leave that part plugged in and out of the way. Unless they have fixed that lately but a year ago that was the way you had to do it. Haven't touched a smarty in a while lol

You can unplug everything with egr and DPF with a smarty. Don't have to do the above.

Mine was messing up bc I gutted the egr and left it plugged in. When the truck was acting up you could hear the egr going crazy under the hood so I took it out and have been problem free since.

Back