New Holland LX865 free for me

jesnic7

I am picking one up next weekend. I know the guy that owns it and have used it many years ago. It was sitting in his backyard and the river behind his house flooded. The machine was under water. It hasn't been touched since. First thing is figuring how to remove it from his back yard.
d8cb119aca7a2dd5607593f128580b61.jpg

Winch it onto trailer, maybe. Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you unlock the planetaries? Maybe pull the caps? Id think it would be hard to winch it locked up. Nice score btw. Those are great machines. Ran a Ls170 alot where i used to work. Picked it over the JDs when i had the chance.

Go to a rental store and get a larger machine with forks and load it and haul it home. Nice score BTW!!!

I thought about just removing the hydraulics lines and let the fluid drain out, then it should roll. I don't really want to remove the side covers and try and remove the drive chains while laying in the sand and dirt. I tried calling a couple local rental places and their machines are all rated the same as the one I am trying to pick up. I might call sunbelt rental and ask about an all terrain 8K lift forklift. I think the NH weighs around 7K lbs. Once I get it back to my shop, I am sure I will have to take it all apart to remove any dirt, rust, rotted seals and who knows what.

Best bet is what is said above get a bigger machine and carry it, skid steers don't roll. No way of undoing the chain drive in the cases. Trying to drag it could mess up the chains or hydraulic motors

Rent a 4x4 telescoping material handler, should be able to put it on a trailer no problem with one.

Just make sure the telle handler you rent is old enough it doesnt have load detection. The nw hollands we had would kick the hydros out with too much weight. Could get real egyptian with it and use jacks to get it off the ground and support it with something so you can back under it. Ive done sketchier things LOL

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Took quite a while winching on the trailer. Rotating 3 batteries and using the truck to keep charging them. 12000 lb harbor freight badlands winch finally got the beast on the trailer. Hydros locked, 2 tires flat, buried to the frame.

Took quite a while winching on the trailer. Rotating 3 batteries and using the truck to keep charging them. 12000 lb harbor freight badlands winch finally got the beast on the trailer. Hydros locked, 2 tires flat, buried to the frame.

I have two of them winches. They have surprised me a few times. Not bad for the money. I even got a wireless remote for mine.

I have the wireless remote also. Wouldn't want to be standing too close tot hat steel cable under load! It surprised the heck out of me that it actually pulled it up on the trailer. Friend of mine said no way it would work. He figured it would take about 3 winches. Now the fun begins. I'm leaving it on the trailer for now, just to remove the injectors, radiator, hydraulic tank and misc crap. Going to try and turn it over by hand after removing injectors and pouring some magic liquid in the cylinders. Not sure about the liquid yet, but I'll try diesel fuel first.

I have the wireless remote also. Wouldn't want to be standing too close tot hat steel cable under load! It surprised the heck out of me that it actually pulled it up on the trailer. Friend of mine said no way it would work. He figured it would take about 3 winches. Now the fun begins. I'm leaving it on the trailer for now, just to remove the injectors, radiator, hydraulic tank and misc crap. Going to try and turn it over by hand after removing injectors and pouring some magic liquid in the cylinders. Not sure about the liquid yet, but I'll try diesel fuel first.
take some trans fluid and acetone mix and dump in there.

Never heard of anyone using rubbing alcohol. I did get all the panels off and cleaned all the crap off it. The alternator, starter EIC board and I am sure some , if not all of the relays and switches are shot. Battery is toast. I did remove the radiator and hydraulic cooler and was able to turn the crank by hand with a cheater bar. I am going to remove the injectors and run the camera down the hole and look at the cylinder walls above the piston. Oil looked good, no water in it. Hydraulic tank was still full, no water, radiator was still full of antifreeze. Removed the thermostat and flushed out the water jacket. Nothing bad came out. I am sure the water pump is bad, etc... Will remove the turbo soon and check it for rust. Probably shot as well.

Coke works good to remove rusty stuck pistons.

We used 9.5 2 liter's of Coke to unstick an old 2 stroke GM Diesel a few months back.

My new guys in the shop were amazed.
Chris

I plucked the injectors. They looked pretty caked with carbon and crap. I dropped them in a bucket of carburetor cleaner to soak for awhile. Anyone know where I can send them to be pop tested and cleaned up? I checked the cylinder walls with a bore camera. They actually looked great. I poured some ATF-4 in the injector holes and waited a bit, then spun the crank with a socket and ratchet. It actually started spinning fairly smooth, squirting the trans fluid back out the top of each cylinder.

Finally got the skid steer up and running today. Been too busy to fool with it lately. Couple weeks ago, pulled the motor because it wouldn't spin over. Pulled the motor, found all 6 bolts from the flywheel to the gear box sheered and a couple broken bolts lodged between the flywheel and gearbox where they broke. Sent the head off for a shave and rework and put it all back together a couple weeks ago. Filled all the fluids, primed the fuel and fired it up. Runs like a champ.

Back