Advise on single battery

Alright, called my local Deka folks and they told me to call the warehouse in Naperville. The fellow there told me that you can buy "privately labelled" East Penn (Deka) batteries at Napa, O'Reilly's, and Batteries Plus.

There are only three automotive battery manufacturers in the US, Johnson Controls, Exide, and East Penn (Deka).

Alright, called my local Deka folks and they told me to call the warehouse in Naperville. The fellow there told me that you can buy "privately labelled" East Penn (Deka) batteries at Napa, O'Reilly's, and Batteries Plus.

There are only three automotive battery manufacturers in the US, Johnson Controls, Exide, and East Penn (Deka).

Screen shot for later. Thanks.

Depends on your timing also. My first gen at 28 deg needs a group 31 to start for sure. Last one tested at 1158 cranking amps. I get em refurbished from our local Interstate for a third of the cost, and the last one lasted 5 years...

I ran a single 31 1000CCA battery from O’Reilly for several years. It worked just fine, I never had the grid heaters hooked up and it would spin it plenty fast to fire right up in single digit temperatures. It finally died on me so I went back to two factory size batteries. On the 31 I did have to cut the end of the battery tray out since it was to long to fit.

Im working on a dead fuel shutoff solenoid, while running a old single 27. Tested the signal from the starter, 9.2v while cranking. Pretty weak. It does fire up my high miles truck just fine.

Back