injectors

zippywildfire

Looking to buy new injectors and fuel pump for my 05. Looking for 50 or 90 hp.injectors. Wonder where to buy them and what brand. Thank you for the help.

Ive had nothing but good luck with my DDP 90 HP nozzles.

I just bought a set of DDP 90's and was gonna go F1 BUT after alot of reading on different forums i came to the conclusion that DDP was going in my turck!
Ive not heard hardly ANY bad things about the DDP nozzles!!

Fuel pump I would look into the DTT mechanical pump..from what i've read they are having good luck with them. It might be a lil wait for a cr but i think it would be worth it

Why in the world would you steer someone towards a belt drive pump for a 50-90 hp nozzle?

Might as well tell him he needs billet rods too. LOL

He said he was wanting a new fuel pump and the one that dtt has is cheaper than a fass or airdog and pumps more fuel

Why in the world would you steer someone towards a belt drive pump for a 50-90 hp nozzle?

Might as well tell him he needs billet rods too. LOL

Why in the world wouldn't he recammend a mechanical pump?
Opie sell his standard Mitusa (175gph I think) then sells the gusher (275 gph) for the biggie boys.
The mechanical sytsems are some of the most reliable setups out there and just because they are mechanical dosent mean the are made just for competition.

For simplicity you can't beat a basically plug and play deal like one of the electric pumps.
Sorry...but I'm sticking with that line of thinking...especially for a lightly modded truck.

For simplicity you can't beat a basically plug and play deal like one of the electric pumps.
Sorry...but I'm sticking with that line of thinking...especially for a lightly modded truck.

Everyone has an opinion and I respect yours, I had an Airdog for over a year and I hated that damn thing... bought the Mitusa and It was by far the easies and simplest thing ive installed on my truck and is IMHO more reliable, no electronics no relays no nothing but a pump two pullies and a belt and the fuel lines..... SIMPLE.

No disrespect ment UNBROKEN like I said I respect your opinion, but mechanical pumps can be ran on stock to slightly moddifed trucks just like the electric pumps.

No doubt they can...but 99% of people just want something easy to bolt on, hook up a few hoses, plug in a connection and go, not plumb everything, worry about filtration, etc.

That said...I'm looking into a belt drive pump myself....but if I had a friend looking for an easy upgrade I'd steer them to an electric pump.

I run in the 11s with ddp 90s, and towed home the last truck i bought 16hrs down the interstate. great all round injector.

Last edited:
FASS number 4 is on the truck, FASS number 5 is on the shelf waiting it's turn to break. I only use them when I dyno or drag race and they usually fail in about a year(I have a standard 12 valve piston pump that handles everything but WOT). That's probably about 1/2 hour total run time. Running all the time they usually go 6 months or so. The new build will have a mechanical pump on the front cover. Electrics are simple, but they are extremely noisy and don't always hold up well at 30psi and above. Just my observations as a person that does not get advertising dollars or sponserships from FASS or Airdog.

I guess I got lucky with my FASS. It's got about 80-90,000 miles on it now. Set at 22 at idle but boost referenced so it shows 80+ on the gauge at WOT.....been that way since the Cummins went in. Was set at 45 at idle with the old 6.0 but still boost referenced.

Last edited:
I love the AD II 165 know a bunch of guys using them and no complaints. The install is easy but I have a crane to pull the bed off so dropping your tank may be a little harder.

Ron you must have a 200 hpfp with no filters???
I say that because the one just loafing around under my truck is the fourth now waiting for a response if I get a fifth

Ron you must have a 200 hpfp with no filters???
I say that because the one just loafing around under my truck is the fourth now waiting for a response if I get a fifth

3, 4, and 5 were (and are) 200 hpfp. Thank goodness the 12V piston pump is there. At least i can always get home.

3, 4, and 5 were (and are) 200 hpfp. Thank goodness the 12V piston pump is there. At least i can always get home.

Hahahahaha
As soon as I seen the number I knew!

I also have a tee with two ball valves so I can unplug the FASS and hook up the stocker and turn the valves... I go real sick of fuel running down my arm reaching up to change lines on the back of the engine ( usally in the middle of nowhere)

Back