MonoTherm Pistons

This is what they look like folks....

e59c329b.jpg

you sold yours?

lol

No sir... I mean't "Smart to purchase them "

No issue's with them as far as I know.. I'll know more later...

But the possible broken ring I've got will more than likely be due to the split injector tip and nothing else..

Joesixpack has no ZERO issue's and nothing bad to say about his...

Are they the older version or they the new 04+ etc. I have the new version now looking for a set of the old version since they dont make them anymore. Great pistons wish they would come out with the 6.7's already I send one email weekly checking in on them for the hopes they will build them.

Chris, Wes. I am surprised they still have some of the 04.5's left. Last I spoke to the gentleman he thought they would make some of the 6.7's but not in any time soon. I figure it would be cheaper to melt a set or two.

Also, if you want any oil to get shot into the oil galleries in the piston you have to modify it otherwise, all the oil goes to the wrist pin. That's OK for strictly puller but I don't know about a street truck.

Last edited:
Also, if you want any oil to get shot into the oil galleries in the piston you have to modify it otherwise, all the oil goes to the wrist pin. That's OK for strictly puller but I don't know about a street truck.

Going to try to modify mine like Chris did, this go round.. Or severly bend the squirter outside the skirt to go into the holes... Then there none on the wrist pin...

I'd be all over these, but I'm just not sure what my 143 degree injectors are going to with these. Don't think they make a 124 degree for CRIN3's either.

What most don't realize even with the slightly increased weight (the new ones even less) is the small skirt area has way less resistance to motion. Oil up a sleeve throw a stock piston in the hole and "pump it"....lmfao....now thats great when your f%$king but less so on a performance engine. Do the same with a monotherm and the resistance isn't even close. Just look at the skimpy skirts on gasser racing pistons....I can tell you my engine with a hot timing table will hit 5500 so fast its scary.

Injectors that's the next thing, along with displacement. Right now no 6.7 monotherms are available and I think the extra displacement will be real nice. The availability of stand alone ECM's and efilive will make tuning much more precise and in my opinion less chance of meltdowns. I may be wrong but time will tell.

Chris, the last I spoke to someone about it the CRIN 3 nozzle could be made with a 124 angle but it would cost a lot, one off kinda thing, if you are interested give him a call.

This option ( Joesixpacks modding )

466509e4.jpg

3425d4cb.jpg

Or This, the bent squirt option

65a7a4db.jpg

c3fcfff9.jpg

Back