P7100 Rack Plug (2095)

Big Blue24

Comp Diesel Sponsor
I recently added a 2095 rack plug to the P7100 injection pump on my daily driver 12 valve Cummins.

Please post up the horsepower gains you've experienced from the addition of a rack plug.

On 5/13/2011 I made a few baseline passes in my 98' QCLB 4x4 automatic at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The track's scale read 6785 lbs without driver.

98on51311.jpg

The truck consistently ran 15.20 to 15.33 range at 88.7MPH to 87.9MPH. This calculates to an average of 326 RWHP.

On 5/20/2011 I went back with the only upgrade being a 2095 rack plug. I also had more fuel in the fuel tank this time and the track's scale read 6850 lbs without driver.

98on52011.jpg

The truck consistently ran 14.86 to 14.88 range at 89.9MPH to 89.6MPH.
This calculates to an average of 351 RWHP for a net gain of 25 HP.

So post up your results from adding a 2095 plug to your setup, be sure to add pertinent details such as pump type, injectors, dv's, plate setup, etc.

2095 gain= 25hp - 98' 180pump, no plate, 14*stock timing, 181stock DV's, 4x.013" Bosch Marine 330's, HX35 turbo

Last edited:
I picked up 30 hp exactly when I installed a rack plug on my 160 pump 421 to 451, had 5x.014 JL injectors, 20* timing, no plate, stock DV's S300G turbo

That was back in the day though

Last edited:
That's good to know. A little more rack travel makes descent HP gain.

For whatever it's worth in my old 215 pump the truck felt as if it picked up two tenths from its previous best 12.07 pass (6250lbs) after installing a 2095 plug in it with the pump at 26*. My sotp meter has been dead nuts but is certainly qualitative and not 100% accurate.

got mine from robs diesel, pure diesel power sells them to as do a lot of others

Interesting thread (I like it!), I havent heard what JUST a 2095 plug can do to a given set-up (usually a plug and bunch of other stuff at the same time).

Will, you do some grinding or slide the pump back? What in the trans of the DD again? Thanks!

I used a carbide flush cut router bit in my electric die grinder to cut a 1/4" wide by 1.5" long cut in the aluminum timing cover. It took about 1 hour start to finish on my truck because I wanted a clean cut. On my 95' Junker, it took about 15 minutes to cut, remove the 2000 plug, and install the 2095 plug.

I used a carbide flush cut router bit in my electric die grinder to cut a 1/4" wide by 1.5" long cut in the aluminum timing cover. It took about 1 hour start to finish on my truck because I wanted a clean cut. On my 95' Junker, it took about 15 minutes to cut, remove the 2000 plug, and install the 2095 plug.

Thanks for the info Will!

Add $2 for the required grinding work or $10 to pull the pump back thoughbifLOL

You can buy the 2095 plugs for $13 if you look hard enough, that will account for the $2 worth of grinding *bdh*

That is awesome man! I had read on here somewhere were a guy had a 215 pump and put the plug in it he had the pump hang wide open has anyone else had this happen? I was curious because I have the 215 pump and do not want that to happen to mine. That hp gain for 13 bucks is nice!

Gain was like 70cc's on a 13mm pump and roughly 200 degrees EGT on my truck doing back to back tests or as long as it took to change it out.....but that was in 2003 when we figured this plug thing out!

Jim

have also heard from a couple of local pullers the extra rack travel on the 215 pumps (with plug) opens up the possibility if the hitting the "retard" on the rack. so better off to rack the barrels and have the pump flowed etc.. but without the plug.

have at it on the 180 and smaller pumps, as they dont have the timing retard built in.

Big blue24, do you have a picture of your dd's front cover that you cut? I cant decide if I wanna try cutting it. I like clean looking things and im not so sure I have the ability to make it look good lol

70b06c60.jpg

Here's what mine looks like, it's not very easy to notice and you forget about it quick

I think its fine if people dont mind to grind to get a rack plug in, but whenever i put one in mine ill be pulling the pump back. No reason to risk a hole in the timing cover when its not all that hard to slide the pump back.

I think its fine if people dont mind to grind to get a rack plug in, but whenever i put one in mine ill be pulling the pump back. No reason to risk a hole in the timing cover when its not all that hard to slide the pump back.

That's probably one reason why you have not performed this inexpensive modification yet.

Back