6.7 into an 04.5 - What injectors can I run?

C'ya

I bleed Scarlet and Grey
I purchased a 2wd standard cab with a blown up engine this summer and found a 6.7 to drop in it. I'm planning on dropping in the 6.7 long block and running all the 5.9 accessories, wiring harness, ecm, and fuel system.
I've asked around and done some searches and I'm getting conflicting opinions on what injectors to run. Some say the 04 ecm doesn't fire the 6.7 injectors properly others say they run just fine.
I was told at one point I had to run 03-04 injectors so I sold my 6.7 ones and have a set of 03-04 I want to run. So my main question is can I just drop those injectors into my 6.7 head or do I need to mod anything. Do I use 5.9 or 6.7 hold downs. The 5.9 nozzle is a little longer- do I need to use different washers?

For curiosity sake I would also like a definative answer of you can run 6.7 injectors on 04.5 harness?

Run your 03-04 sticks if you have the 04 electronics. I have run a 6.7 block and 5.9 head and now a 6.7 head in my 05. They run clean and spool large chargers great. Use your 5.9 hold downs if using a 6.7 head. I have had great luck running the 6.7 MLS gasket also with both heads.

Same washers also. I have talked with several reliable sources on the early 5.9 electronics running 6.7 sticks they said it ran but power was way down after swapping from 5.9 sticks. 05 and up electronics run like chit. 04 harness would need spliced to the newer style 2 din plug for 6.7 setup. IMO you will be much happier with the 5.9 sticks.

Just to be sure I have this right all I need to do is drop in my 03 injectors with 5.9 hold Downs and the same 03 washer and I should be good to go?

Back