pulling engine build

6spd

I want to build my truck over the next couple of years, what should i do to it in order to set me up for about 900hp?
I am goin to get formula f4 injectors, stage 3 floor it pump, and air dog hopefully in couple of months, i already have a super phat shaft 66, afe cold air, arp head studs, fire ringed, and southbend dd, and the way it sounds will have to get another smarty to last til efi comes out. so what i am asking is what internally is needed to reach my goal thanks?

Alright, so lets start on this thread...

So from what ive seen you already have PPE Dual fuelers, so you need some injectors. Flux injectors are really good, although a bit expensive. What kind of budget are you working with? $5k? $10k less, more? What kind of HP are you wanting?

If you want to run in the 2.6 class, I would sell your SPS66 and give Chris or Glen a call Engineered diesel. Ask them what they recommend for a really nice 2.6 turbo that will meet your budget.

Last edited:
I would say...

S466
Dual Pumps
250-300hp injectors
T4 2nd gen manifold
Smarty TNTR or SSR if your comfortable tuning your own truck.
188/220 Cam from Hamilton Cams.
110lb valve springs
billet push rods

Ok this is currently what i have southbend dd clutch, afe cold air intake,super phat shaft 66, fass 95gph, arp head studs, fireringed, powermax cr, edge ez, 5in exhaust

PPE dual fuelers on the way, going to get a smarty, plan on getting air dog 200, and i was thinkin the f1 nozzles probably f5's or so (seems like a good deal), a hellman intercooler, and way it sounds need to sell my turbo and then the engine parts listed, but not trying to get wild with the expenses like the pros just plan on staying local for awhile

And thankyou for the help

Last edited:
I would say...

S466
Dual Pumps
250-300hp injectors
T4 2nd gen manifold
Smarty TNTR or SSR if your comfortable tuning your own truck.
188/220 Cam from Hamilton Cams.
110lb valve springs
billet push rods

Better get something to feed those cp3's. Just sayin...

While the intercooler will help, it wont help as much as upgrading the valve train. If have to make a choice between the intercooler, or cam, springs, and push rods, take the valvetrain first. Then you can run more RPM which is what you will need in sled pulling.

Sell the TST, EZ, and FASS, and buy some injectors, a Smarty, bigger lift pump, and valve springs. Run it like that for a little while, then you can upgrade the turbo, then install a cam later on as your budget allows.

Better get something to feed those cp3's. Just sayin...

I put the air dog down probably 200, but that sounds like a plan for me because i dont want to sink tons of money right now

I see you have your 66 up for sale, whats the plan for a turbo? Did you talk to ED?

I see you have your 66 up for sale, whats the plan for a turbo? Did you talk to ED?

Ya i trying to get ahold of them, i emailed both chris and glen but haven got nothin back so after i get the turbo sold i am just goin to call them

got my ppe dual fuelers in today, it didn come with a pump what is the best duramax pump to go with or is there a specific pump i have to go with?

I assume you got a kit for a Duramax pump since you mentioned it, so just a stock Duramax pump will do the job.

Back