Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 09:25 PM   #1
KingS

Name: KingS
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Fuel Plate results for me

Well Friday night I finally got to run my truck down the strip with the #0 Plate in it and have to say it is coming back out.
I'm going back to my #5 TST my times down the 1/4 mile were the same some 13.0's and 13.1's but my mph was 1 to 2 mph slower so why run it plus, for on the street the #5 is more controllable and snapper once boost comes on. just thought I would share this plus, I told smokem I would post my results on how it ran when I talked to him Friday before I when to the track.

old truck1996 cclb 4x4
12 secs truck

Old 07-29-2007, 10:55 PM   #2
KingS

Member`s Gallery
well I have been lazy with that, it was at normal level and drop to 10 and 9 psi so I change the lift pump because I was told it was bad. I believe this one is running the same I will put the guage on the truck tomorrow to check it for sure.

I know that I need a pusher pump but not sure what to put on and can't spend alot on the setup right now.

old truck1996 cclb 4x4
12 secs truck

Old 07-30-2007, 11:56 AM   #3
KingS

Member`s Gallery
Yeap, I just check the fuel pressure a wonderful 8 psi at WOT, whoa I can blow more fuel in then that by mouth. Ok now who has the best pusher pump and what is the setup I should go with. Remeber cost is somewhat a issue right at this juncture since my shut soleniod is on its way out and I just fixed my flex plate.

old truck1996 cclb 4x4
12 secs truck

Old 07-30-2007, 07:35 PM   #4
Clutch1

Name: Clutch1
Member`s Gallery
no need for a new lift pump unless its not pumping, Fuel pressure at the injection pump should be 17 - 22 psi at idle and of 25 - 35 psi at 2500 rpm (no load). the overflow valve might be your weak link. if you need more than stock it just takes a ball-point pen spring to get it up.

97, 5spd
08, 6spd 4wd

Old 07-30-2007, 07:52 PM   #5
KingS

Member`s Gallery
Thanks for the reply, but the overflow valve will maintain and regulate the amount of fuel pressure when it come to idle and no load but as far as for me and alot of others with injector size and dv's ect , the stock lift pump cannot pump enough volume to maintain the fuel pressure that is what we need the pusher pumps for do to the fuel injection pump and injectors ect. are dumping way more fuel then what the little lift pump can dish out. But normally as you stated the overflow valve is the to blame alot when you have lose of pressure on must applications but in my case not my culprit. But like I said Thanks for the reply I appreciate them no matter if it helps or not because maybe not this time but later on that information will come in handy when diagnosing similar problems.

old truck1996 cclb 4x4
12 secs truck

Closed Thread