Ht100 found

AHall

Hobbyist
There isnt much info on the ht100 that we know as the giant holset. Found 4 of them at work and decided to snap some pics. Didnt pull the housings, but to give a rough idea of the size...
130mm inducer comp
145mm Exducer turbine
Very rough measurements

db110c8d.jpg

3e401dff.jpg

51ff98a6.jpg

87a1f0ff.jpg

c4cafc33.jpg

12a0c9ff.jpg

9d00b27c.jpg

Last edited:
The v16 cummins these came off of uses a dual compound setup. Two ht100's as primaries and what looks like dual hx82s as secondaries. We all love big turbos. Just thought I'd share.

The 83s are rare should have a Ti compressor wheel and a cast iron comp cover. I have seen a couple HT100 mostly on light super stock alcohol tractors, impressive to see to say the least.

Nice hardware !

Why are they on the floor under a truck ?

That engine must have very high power density to be running compounds. What is the manifold pressure on it ?

Does it have inter stage cooling ?

Last edited:
Haven't checked boost. On floor because 4 new turbos were getting installed. No interstage cooling just w/a. QSK50 2500hp rating. And yes i did ask to have the turbos, then just one new one, then just one old one.... Same answer every time.:frown:

was going to say thats got to be a qsk50 used on a frac pump, the ht100's are Heavy when working at cummins we used the crane when ever we had to move one LOL. I miss my old job. They have water to air on the intake manifolds no inter stage coolers, they run about 50 psi.

Last edited:
Around 200 lbs. My buddies have one with a billet aftermarket 3.6 wheel. It's going on a 500 inch alky tractor with a hx82 for the small turbo. That is a factory setup on big motors, the compressor housing is cast to handle the boost. They make the hx82 look small. Getting both of them under the hood with the piping is quite a deal.

Around 200 lbs. My buddies have one with a billet aftermarket 3.6 wheel. It's going on a 500 inch alky tractor with a hx82 for the small turbo. That is a factory setup on big motors, the compressor housing is cast to handle the boost. They make the hx82 look small. Getting both of them under the hood with the piping is quite a deal.

There is pulling team near me with an HT100 on an alky burner. Huge stuff! I've heard 6k tossed around as a price range.

Wish I was smart enough to load pictures, the work these guys do is top notch. They are looking at somewhere around the 3500 horse power range with the hx82 over ht100 on a 500 inch john deere. The old 359 inch cast head motor made 15 to 1800 hp depending how hard they boosted it. At 84 lbs. of boost it make enough power to push the combustion chambers up threw the head with the head filled. Pushes the valves up threw the seats also.That was with two different size hx82's compounded.

was going to say thats got to be a qsk50 used on a frac pump, the ht100's are Heavy when working at cummins we used the crane when ever we had to move one LOL. I miss my old job. They have water to air on the intake manifolds no inter stage coolers, they run about 50 psi.

I think baker Hughes new frac pumps have these one them.
Our pumps run the qsk45's and only run 2 ht100's. We spent quite a bit of time at a place in Houston while our pumps were being built for the new company and there were ISX's, and the 45's and 50's sitting around on pallets everywhere. I pulled the cover to check out the huge conpressor wheels next to my big hand. I know where about 60 ht100's are, but I bet they would miss them haha.

Back