47rh band question

ozone burner

i just finished putting my trans together. I put a transgo shift kit in it said something like tighten the bands till snug. My question is should i use there method or go my the factory specs witch i think are around 70 ish inch lbs give or take.

i just finished putting my trans together. I put a transgo shift kit in it said something like tighten the bands till snug. My question is should i use there method or go my the factory specs witch i think are around 70 ish inch lbs give or take.

Transgo instructions state to go snug then back off 1-3/4 to 2 turns

Factory instructions state to go 72 in/lbs then back off 1.5 to 2 turns

The difference is snug vs 72 in/lbs. If you've ever felt 72 in/lbs, it feels snug to me!!!

:welcome:

i just did them and i tried it both ways and i agree with you big blue. And a specific number makes me feel better then just snug lol.

follow your gut feeling or book ,i am speaking from my own experience i have done 1 or 2 of these transmission in my past

follow your gut feeling or book ,i am speaking from my own experience i have done 1 or 2 of these transmission in my past

Transgo has done 10 or 20 thousand of these transmissions in their past.

The factory has done probably 1-2 million of this style transmission in their past.

I choose the book over your gut feeling.

Also, is your gut calibrated for the different ratio levers out there? Does your gut feel different with a 3.8 ratio lever vs a 5.1? How about a 4.2 ratio lever?

bif :stab: :poke: :blahblah1: :doh:

With the 4.2 and 4.4 ratios ive used combined with DTT's vb kits 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 turns out from 72inlbs seems to be the best.

Back