delivery valve questions

chuggins10

hey guys im lookin at different delivery valves for my 180 pump... i want to get a little educated first before i spend and money... i want to know wat the difference is in sizes and also pumps my thinking is that if you have small DV's than no matter wat size pump that you have you will still only get however much that the DV's will let by.. i have a 180 pump with new 4gsk arm out plate out and i have a hx40 ontop and bht3 on bottom ddp 4 injectors 5inch exhaust 4gsk i was just wanting to know wat size DV's that you guys think that i should go with... Chris

800hp has been made on 181 DVs, which is what you have... If its street drive, I would get some half cuts machined or buy some 191s. Full cuts are too smokey for the street. I have .022s and they arent bad on the street, but I liked the 181s better. Just depends on what your doing with it.

I have the 022's and they're a little much for just being around the 500 horse mark.. But that's with a 215 pump too.

wat else do i need to do to get to 700hp can i do it with the 180 pump or do i need a 215.... im fixin to put a set of studs in it... and maybe o-ring it... i justr want some ideas i want low 11's high 10's bye houston its a sngle cab short bed

strokinnochokin said:
wat else do i need to do to get to 700hp can i do it with the 180 pump or do i need a 215.... im fixin to put a set of studs in it... and maybe o-ring it... i justr want some ideas i want low 11's high 10's bye houston its a sngle cab short bed

can we see a píc of your lil truck?

thanks! sweet dream project!

you right it is mikes old truck, and im workin on a red one now two and im thinkin bout sellin mikes if yall are interested

I ran the 191's in my 215 pump sweet for the street, Now if I just had all the parts to get this thing running again these LC's are going to be tried out not for horsepower just for smokey fun LOL!
Brandon

97' CTD said:
I ran the 191's in my 215 pump sweet for the street, Now if I just had all the parts to get this thing running again these LC's are going to be tried out not for horsepower just for smokey fun LOL!
Brandon

TRUST ME

they smoke, i have schieds laser cuts and with the afc full forward on the truck they will black out four lanes of traffic on a third gear launch... Heck i have the AFC all the way back and will still smoke alot, and tahts with the fuel plate at 2/3 forward (100 plate) they will make ur pyro rise quick tho...

Rick

TxDiesel007 said:
TRUST ME

they smoke, i have schieds laser cuts and with the afc full forward on the truck they will black out four lanes of traffic on a third gear launch... Heck i have the AFC all the way back and will still smoke alot, and tahts with the fuel plate at 2/3 forward (100 plate) they will make ur pyro rise quick tho...

Rick

We will see what this SB66 does with this extra fuel :st:
Flows, #0, LC's, and few other pump goodies LOL
Brandon

Ive considered dragon flows

over dragon flies, just wonderin if theyd be too much for towing or useing the truck for anything else..

i have flys, lasercuts, afc work, twins, among other things..

Rick

TxDiesel007 said:
Ive considered dragon flows

over dragon flies, just wonderin if theyd be too much for towing or useing the truck for anything else..

i have flys, lasercuts, afc work, twins, among other things..

Rick

I wish I could say they would work in a towing application but I dont want to steer anyone in the wrong direction. I know when I was asking about going with these sticks alot of people suggested going something smaller. But I love these sticks. (Daily Driver) Mabey someone else will chime in on this subject.
I.I. Hit the gold mine with these sticks IMO.(I am not a professional injector tester this is just my opinion)
Brandon

Last edited:
stick with the 181's... put the mack rack plug on it, and just go with a bigger injector if you need more fuel.

please PM me with pricing/etc. on the little white truck.

thanks,

Forrest

I am running the 191s and 40/3B and even at 80+psi boost I cant get it to clean up. I tried the star wheel ting and that just turned it into a turd. Thinking about going back to 181s. Big pyro #s too 1500*+

Back