03 rail pressure sensor

JimmyKOA

JJS-KOA
My truck started to run really rough, hardly idling and hard to start.

Did some searching and found someone that had similar problems.

Rail pressure reading 27.5K at idle and when shut off. Also a few other codes.

Do I need to do anything special prior to removing the sensor, since the rail is under such high pressure?
Do I need to use some type of thread sealer when I put the new one in?
Should I also replace the rail pressure pump at the same time?

Thanks

No.
No.
Yes, Replace the FCA ,But 1 device at a time.

What do you mean 27.5 @ idle?

27K is max Pressure, Check FCA/Rail sensor connections.

Bad sensor, Bad FCA, or No voltage to FCA Broken wire.

Cleaned and re-installed and its still reading 27.5K, when I start it it fluctuates but then runs bad bad.
Is there any fuses it might be?

One more thing, the cause and start of the problem is that I blew my upper radiator hose, not running hot 194 degrees, but old hose, it got coolant all over motor.

Pressure sensor connection Failure Re-check, even when ND blown snow get's in it will cause the sensor to malfunction.

Pressure sensor connection Failure Re-check, even when ND blown snow get's in it will cause the sensor to malfunction.

So I cleaned all and plugged all back in and it's still not working. My CTS is still reading rail pressure at 27.5K without the motor started, then when I start it, it fluctuates the reading and runs terribly.

Any other ideas??

I cleaned up real good again and it was down to 0 PSI, ran good for a minute or so and then went back to crazy running and crazy rail pressure, 27.5K when off

If you are reading pressure with the engine turned off the problem is in your rail pressure sensor circuit, not the FCA.

Ok replaces sensor and the rail pressure reads 0 psi when off but when running starts fluctuating all over the place and runs like crap. After talking with TC Diesel am going to try replacing PRV next.
Will receive new PRV today and get it installed.
I hope this works!!

Hope it works. Listen to Todd, he knows this fuel system as good as anyone I know.

Back