High rpm High compression is the future

Beta101

Just seeing who on here has done any R&D on high compression diesels and what everyones view is on them...From our research and testing we have found this beneficial on single turbo inlet limited engines ie 2.6 class..Our test goat is a 2006 cummins 5.9 2.6 limited charger running 20:1 and spinning it up to 6000 rpm we have found that the camshaft grind and timing is key in keeping this engine together with the limiting factor being the head air flow...Frankly the cummins head sux and can only be ported out to get the V.E. of the engine to about 80% at most before boost with a good cam grind.

You will never hold any where near 6k on a 2.6 charger going down the track. And you surely aren't making power any where near that.

Current common rail injection technology isn't even close to having an injection rate for making power at 6000rpm.

High compression I believe is going to be very beneficial on a large single charger.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

There is a lot to using high compression, to include cam timing and torque management. We have been on the dyno for the last 24 months beating on cams designed for higher compression. I ran 18.25 to one in the Predator truck 8 years ago, and it helped to spool with the big singles Brady had me trying.
I think the point of diminishing returns is around 19 to 1, this will never work in anything with fixed timing, IE P pump.
Compression is mechanical advantage plain and simple

You may spin 6000 rpm in a spike coming off the line, but your peak numbers won't be made any where near 6000.

The direction I see this thread is going:

draft_lens17988750module150440656photo_1306419267troll-physics-energy.gif

at 6k rpm the is a good chance low rail pressure will actually make the airplane lift off of the treadmill.

Just seeing who on here has done any R&D on high compression diesels and what everyones view is on them...From our research and testing we have found this beneficial on single turbo inlet limited engines ie 2.6 class..Our test goat is a 2006 cummins 5.9 2.6 limited charger running 20:1 and spinning it up to 6000 rpm we have found that the camshaft grind and timing is key in keeping this engine together with the limiting factor being the head air flow...Frankly the cummins head sux and can only be ported out to get the V.E. of the engine to about 80% at most before boost with a good cam grind.

Lets see a pull data log carrying any where near 6k. For chits and giggles.

Compression is mechanical advantage plain and simple[/QUOTE]

Yes compression is the mechanical advantage this is why i say its beneficial for the intake limited turbo engines....no other info on our test goat will be given at this time..but the facts are a cummins will turn 6000 rpm and it will make power up there provided the camshaft and head program is there...this is easy theory to understand from someone who comes from the high compression gas world(the mechanical diesel guys may have trouble with this unless they truly know engine theory)high compression gas stuff has been done for years.. gas guys fight detonation and pre ignition with high compression the diesel guys face mechanical failure ie bent rods, blown blocks...This is where the camshaft is key...dynamic compression is the compression raito that really matters......Electronics are also key to high compression diesel, fixed timed engines wont survive...If i were to build a mechanical engine i would build it just like everyone elses but hey its 2013 mechanical injection is prehistoric yes it works yes its proven but i dont wanna be a follower i wanna be an get innovator

Yes compression is the mechanical advantage this is why i say its beneficial for the intake limited turbo engines....no other info on our test goat will be given at this time..but the facts are a cummins will turn 6000 rpm and it will make power up there provided the camshaft and head program is there...

You said program...

Back