Duramax/Alli in a Super Duty

ninerqb8

Not what you think! It has had a 12 valve with twins running right around 800hp for the last 2 years, and a Allison. Customer likes his truck and wants something different that has quicker spool up and less smoke than the 12 valve.

This is what it looked like under the hood until a short time ago.
2013-05-28161846_zpsde486a69.jpg

This is what is going in.
2013-09-09142820_zpsb7330e4f.jpg

And this is how I managed to stuff it under the stock hood.
2013-09-17111105_zps05760436.jpg

It will keep the Allison. Should be set for 1000hp fuel only but we will see. For the most part even with the twins it fits better than the 6.0l by far.

Seen a few guys talking about doing this, never actually seen one do it. I'm excited

looks great that awesome howd you guys making the gauges in the dash work

Not quite there with the wiring yet. Plan is to make the duramax/allison run on their own, and add whatever sensors I need to make the gauge cluster work. Pretty much 2 separate harnesses.

So whats the lingo gonna be on these ford/duramax ?
FurDamax
DuraFord

Looks awesome. What are the specs on the dmax?

I dont know all the specs, the customer had custom auto build it. I know it has carrilo rods, girdle, 64 over billet 88 garret twins and a whole lot of other crap. My understanding is 1k hp on fuel and built to spray for more.

So does anyone know how to make the durmax/allison run its own stand alone harness? i have been looking through wiring diagrams and connector pin outs so much that I would like to jump off the roof with it around my neck.:bang

Call russ @ rpm performance or jeff dean (stingpuller) or idahorob @ atp on here. All have good knowledge of stand alone harnesses for the dmax.

Might hop over to duramaxdiesels.com too. Those frequent that site or other very dmax knowledgeable folks over there may be able to help.

Could purchase a harness from ppe too. rpm offers harnesses as well as bt diesel works.

Call russ @ rpm performance or jeff dean (stingpuller) or idahorob @ atp on here. All have good knowledge of stand alone harnesses for the dmax.

Might hop over to duramaxdiesels.com too. Those frequent that site or other very dmax knowledgeable folks over there may be able to help.

Could purchase a harness from ppe too. rpm offers harnesses as well as bt diesel works.

I have been trying to get a hold of Ben at BT because I had his tap shifter in the truck when it was a fummins and I need to know if it is going to work with the new harness. Catch is I need to get this done in the next 2 weeks.

Back