High rpm ve...I'm sure its been tried..Did it work.

Case pressure needed to push fuel through little port into vibrating/rotating plunger. Not much time for fuel to fill cavity at higher rpm. Drill port 180 off from original and machine groove into rotor head to feed the fuel. Maybe run a second fill port to feed.

Got sick of how complicated it was to keep case pressure up...That...and I'm cheap and sometimes lazy. Second port would not affect timing, just the ability to fill cavity at higher rpm. I'm sure it would be useful for 14mm h&r. Seems like a second or maybe more ports would make fueling easier at higher rpm. Does this make sense to anyone else?

Ive thought of before,It would work, I just think the vane pump would be too small for 14mm. And you will still have too keep case pressure up for dynamic timing to work

I figured out how to increase timing with case pressure drop. The ports are already there for it. I plan on limiting dynamic travel and setting it up to advance at a certain drop. No idea if it will work...but my local pump shop is selling me cores for 20 bucks a piece to toy with...they only sell me the denso ones. But I was told that the parts are interchangeable. I may also set timing to be static and only advanced with manual cold start device....who knows. I only have time to toy with these on the weekends.

I was sort of surprised how easy the center came out. I had never seen pictures showing the pieces apart. It just looked like it could be removed so I beat on it with a 2.5 sledge and it slid right out.

I'm going for it. Not going to do groove. Going another route with another feed port direct to case. Timing advance...might block port from pump housing to advance piston. Reduce spring pressure. Feed regulated pressure direct to piston via ksb port. Or toggle full advance by turning on ksb. Just looking for spare h&r to work on. Will make other port alterations while I'm in there. Doubt much more max fuel since I'm still using 12mm. Will definitely push fuel to higher rpm. Oughta have er done bout a month after I find a h&r. I can buy new through rokentech...but I think a working used original would be cheaper. Then again, you know it works in internet world...A bunch of ideas and what-ifs and not much actual r&d. We'll see how it goes.

I can't remember who but someone had a VE fed directly with a power steering pump right through the port for checking timing.

Sent via USPS 2 weeks ago

Sledge hammer and a socket. When I actually build it, I'll use a press. It comes out the back...so pressed from the inside out. Anyone feel free to chime in...but after seeing how this assembly is arranged, I believe that variances of depth and angle of how the actual rotor head is pressed in account for the variances of power output between pumps. Even a very slight difference in depth would directly affect the pump's rack travel. Explains why some pumps run away while others can have the full fuel screw bottomed and still not get max fuel.

Interesting.

I've dabbled in enlarging the inlet but thought the center was screwed on. I needed to separate it so I can measure. But it burned up with my parents barn.

I am not going to alter the size of the actual port. Maybe the passage leading to the port. The only thing I have to figure out is how Im going to cut the extra port or just build from scratch then harden. The outer part is workable. The inner section is harder than tool steel. I'm going to call around and maybe have it sinker edm'ed. I don't have the slightest idea of how to work this sort of material but I imagine edm would work ok. It would be sweet to get an unfinished and non-hardened part then harden when I'm done. I doubt that will happen.

For some reason, I know I'm wrong but I can't place it. Then you show up and I know you did something.

Back