Cummins Insite and '03 Ram

AsTroSS

problems start @80 psi
I have problems with '03 Ram 3500 (250 hp), it makes strange tiking sound.(sound like bad injector)

Our local Dodge dealer can not test the engine,because they have no tools and training.

Also our local Cummins dealer can not test the engine, because in the engine wiring harness have not 3 pin (triangular) or 6 pin deutch data socket.

How you guys test the engine, in Dodge dealer or in Cummins dealer ?

Yesterday I made my own custom wiring harness : from Ram 3 pin data connector to Cummins Inline II adapter.
I also used latest Insite software but I had no luck to communicate with engine.

I aslo try'd Inline5 adapter , but same results.

Can + and can - was correctly wired, becasue I mesured connection between ECU and data socket, everything was OK.

What I have done wrong?

How can I connect Cummins Instite+ InlineII tool to Ram?

NB! After manual injector cut out test , (I removed step-by-step injector wires :kick: ) I found misfiring injector -> number 6 :doh:

Insite will not work on Common Rail Engines. Since dodge put their ECM's in the common rail, Cummins no loger has control over the computer.

You will have to use a DRB or Star Scan to get into the ECM

Ultimate Diesel said:
Insite will not work on Common Rail Engines. Since dodge put their ECM's in the common rail, Cummins no loger has control over the computer.

You will have to use a DRB or Star Scan to get into the ECM

Insite works on Dodge trucks...you have to have the correct cables and software. I have them both, but I don't know if they are forsale for private use. Tech's are issued these standard.

Insite will not work on Dodge common rail equipped (03+) trucks. Dodge uses there own software. Helps to keep customers coming back to the Dodge dealership and out of the Cummins dealership.

That is funny a friend of a friends went down to columbus, Indiana, and had his 03 dodge truck turned up. Maybe he was using developers tools though.

sootman said:
Insite works on Dodge trucks...you have to have the correct cables and software. I have them both, but I don't know if they are forsale for private use. Tech's are issued these standard.
Do you have this data cable part number?

Software? :what:
I used the latest Cummnis Insite, what else ? Inpower?:pop:

I knew this Inline adapter and INstite working very well with others Cummins engines.

Yeah AssTross its been a real pain. We can not read the new ECM due to some kind of security Chrysler is using. I tried a long time ago to wire it up (data link) Manually to no avail.
Sootman has said before that the dealer he works for uses insite in the ISBe but...... I checked with everyone at Cummins all the way up to factory and its a no go. If Soot's right its a Texas thing or something, I don't know?
Right know we are using a Solis scanner. It's pretty generic.

53 willys said:
If you got a laptop you can get a autoenginuity scan tool and do the injector kill test...it's about $450 for the whole set up...shoot for trips to the dealer is the same price.
http://www.autoenginuity.com/

:thankyou2:

Looks like i have to order it:

Have you used it ?

I have used Autoenginuity with the 6.0 fords and it works perfect. I just ordered the upgrade for the cummins (bundled with the dodge software) but the factory said it works just like the 6.0. AE has really good data logging capacity also.

I am special. I was told after our talk Snedge, that our setup is bootlegged.Somebody knows Somebody....:blahblah1: anyway it works great.

sootman said:
I am special. I was told after our talk Snedge, that our setup is bootlegged.Somebody knows Somebody....:blahblah1: anyway it works great.

Hmmmmm. Interesting. If its bootlegged it does exist in some capacity. I shall continue my quest.

Snedge said:
Hmmmmm. Interesting. If its bootlegged it does exist in some capacity. I shall continue my quest.

Maybe I can get you a name....I'll ask in an unsuspecting manner.

AsTroSS said:
:thankyou2:

Looks like i have to order it:

Have you used it ?

my advice is to buy the scantool on ebay...it's AE thats sell them on ebay but they sell them cheaper then on their webpage.
Then call AE and get the Chrysler enhanced package...you can get it in powertrain enhanced or the full enhanced...both versions do the injector kill test.
yes I have a AE scantool it's a great tool......Ford uses it as their factory training scantool..
have fun with your new toy:rockwoot:

Back