Stroke oil in diesel fuel

kirtsysdiesel

Banned
Wat do u guys think about running two cycle oil mixed in with ur fuel? 128:1 mixture 1 oz to every gal of fuel.

That's what I run in my puller. 1 quart to 5 gallon. It's designed to lubricate bearings and burn. Seems like a no brainer to me.

I run 2 qts for every fill up. No noticeable difference, but it is said to be very good for the pump and injectors.

This is the topic of conversation almost hourly on "another forum". It seems like a good idea in the trucks built pre-ULSD.

How could it hurt? Some of us have been running up to a 50% mix with used 30 wt non-detergent motor oil, from bearing application, in our 1st and 2nd gens, for years with zero negative issues. More power, better mpg, and quieter with no increased smoke. I sure wouldn't worry about a little bit of 2 cycle!

I usually go buy a big-azz bottle of max hp power service and mix it in with a couple qts of. 2-stroke in a 2gal gas can. Then I ration it out as needed. My '99 vp truck and wife's '04 jetta pd seem to really love it. I turned my buddy onto it & now he swears by it for his '04 DMax. It will almost always help pick up at least 2mpg for me.

A buddy of mine is trying to tell me I'm gonna screw up My motor doin this. He says I need to run atf trans fluid. I told wat everything said on mopar man's page said n he said dodge n schiede swear by it

LOL well shoot bub if dodge and scheid swear by it!

ATF probably does more harm than good. 2 stroke oil is at least seemingly harmless at the very least.

ATF has very little lubricity. I wouldn't run that as an additive to fuel to help the pump that's for sure.

Fairly common with vp and heui guys. I don't really drive enough to notice a pump longevity difference but it does seem to run quieter. I run the cheapo Walmart super tech and silver power service.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

A buddy of mine is trying to tell me I'm gonna screw up My motor doin this. He says I need to run atf trans fluid. I told wat everything said on mopar man's page said n he said dodge n schiede swear by it

Cause dodge n schiede aren't in business to sell parts or anything.......

I've tried 2 cycle in my 12V as opposed to regular fuel treatments. Never really saw a huge difference.

I did notice that my engine runs smoother and quieter in my 97 Powerstroke (HEUI injection) when I run 2 cycle in it.

Don't mix additive together. :doh:

PS is reverse of 2 cycle oil. Power Service increases cetane where 2 cycle oil reduces cetane. PS reduces BTU content where 2 cycle oil increase BTU content. PS has a poor lubricity score where 2 cycle oil has a much better score. So mixing two products together could negate the benefits.

cetane-btu.jpg

21kect0.jpg

As for ATF or Engine Oil neither should be used any longer. The ash content in both can create some serious issues with ash deposits on injectors.

dirty-inj.jpg

So... the mix ratio is 1oz per gallon of fuel? I'm really thinking about getting this in my 06? Will I really pick up mpg?

Back