Dual cp3

DieselheaD

Can I use a cummins pump? It fits just fine without any modification.

Why do kits require a dmax pump? The hp outlet is in the wrong position and requires modification to work.

This is my 6.7 cp3 on the mount, all the hp lines fit.

image_zpsif3jpv7a.jpg

I'm also wanting to know the reason to, along with everyone's opinion. Iv always thought everyone uses an lbz pump cause their output in stock form is greater then a cummins pump. I currently have a fleece cp3k lbz pump in my ats dual kit. Absolutely love it.

Ats just recently changed their kits to use 6.7 pumps on the top. If your high pressure line fits with the 6.7 then you have the newer kit and are good to go.

Ats just recently changed their kits to use 6.7 pumps on the top. If your high pressure line fits with the 6.7 then you have the newer kit and are good to go.

Awesome! Thanks chase, I got the latest kit available.

Is it suggested to use say a 12mm pump on the gearcase or up top? Up top would obviously be easiest. Assuming the load is split 50/50 it wouldn't matter?

Last edited:
You don't wan to run modded shaft pump on the gear case, if they lockup they can blow the front engine and gear train...Don't waste your money on 12MM pumps very overrated and differently overpriced.

The 5.9 CP3 front bushing is half the size or the LBZ/LMM/6.7 pump with it being pulley driven it will wear quickly. The LLY and LB7 CP3s have even bigger bushing.

You don't wan to run modded shaft pump on the gear case, if they lockup they can blow the front engine and gear train...Don't waste your money on 12MM pumps very overrated and differently overpriced.

The 5.9 CP3 front bushing is half the size or the LBZ/LMM/6.7 pump with it being pulley driven it will wear quickly. The LLY and LB7 CP3s have even bigger bushing.

Well for now I'll be using a stock 6.7 cummins pump up top which I already have

When you use the 6.7 just be careful to what intake horn you use BC some of them the HP line blocks.

Kits used the duramax pump because the bearings in the pump is larger than a cummins 5.9 pump. Not sure on a 6.7 pump

Back