Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Pit Area- OFF TOPIC FORUMS > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Sold Items
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Sold Items Items that have been sold in the past. If you list something and it sales please PM one of our staff members so the thread can be moved to here.

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 07:20 AM   #1
Ryan Tucker

Name: Ryan Tucker
Title: Do it Dont talk about it.
Member`s Gallery
Dragster for sale

Any interest in a 225" turn key race ready dragster? It's a 2004 or 5 S&W hard tail car. I took it to a bare frame and built it this summer. It literally has zero passes with this new setup, it's all fresh or brand new. Should run around 4.20s at its current 1250hp blown sbc on methanol. Has a restrict or plate under the 1250 carb to slow it way down if needed. Fresh 429 inch sbc in a new standard bore Dart block. All Dart 4340 internals, 4in crank. Bottom end rated for 1800hp. Boost can be turned up to get 100hp with out issue. New 1.80 Pro Glide also rated at 1800hp. New billet convertor. Even with blower off it made 796hp with a intake and same 1250 carb.

All MSD electronics, fresh 33.5x16x15 Hoosier out back. 17x2.5 up front. Body panels are all newly painted a cool dark grey metallic platinum, color of my 2014 Toyota Tacoma. 5.14 gear out back. All new Willwood brakes including pedal assembly and big bore master cylinder. I'm 5 ft 11 240lbs and a tight fit but very drivable, smaller driver would be even more comfortable. 21 in cage I believe. Still not fiqured out how to add pictures from my phone, maybe if their any interest in can email or text them to a mod and they can post them? This car used to run 5.36 to 5.38 every pass with a near stock 355 small block, it's wonderful a lot of money bracket racing.

It cost better than 20k to build this engine, another 8k for the Pro Glide, 2k plus billet convertor, etc.....not to mention the dang car. If someone's willing to come to Texas I'll take the first 20k cash! Literally load it in your trailer and go strait to the track. It will come with lots of extras too, brand new never wore 2x race suite 2 pice. New gloves, sfi drivers shoes, everything to be legal. Plus lots of spare blower pulleys to turn it way up later if wanted. Lots of other stuff too. I'm retired and selling out.

Necks bad again, this time flying over to Germany for a 4 level artificial disk replacement rather than continue the damn fussions they keep doing to me here that fails a year later. .....48,000 first disk then 5k per disk after that, doesn't cover me getting there or back either. Money from this car is going straight in my neck. Car should be worth 30k plus for what's in it and what it is, but I need a quick sale, and know it's going to a good owner.

Ryan Tucker

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by TravisG; 12-04-2016 at 11:26 PM.

Old 11-27-2016, 07:40 AM   #2
Ryan Tucker

Member`s Gallery
Also just had a custom 24ft Steel floor car hauler built. 8ft wide, big 6 lug axles brakes on both, powder coated gloss black, lots of D Rings, even a new winch. Extra long plate covered 7ft ramps pull right out of the back. Super HD center mount big truck style 20k jack spring assist. Bad ass mag wheels black and chrome. Trailer don't have 50 miles on it, it's new, titled, and in my name. Cost 6500 to build it, car fits on it great and d rings were put in place to haul this car. I will take 4k IF you buy the car, a stupid price is 24k for the entire race ready rig. That will pay for half the surgery, I have cash saved for the remainder. I'm out of town hunting for a week so just holler if you want to see up a time to come see it in person. Thanks

Last edited by Ryan Tucker; 11-27-2016 at 07:44 AM.

Old 11-27-2016, 11:20 PM   #3
SmokeShow

Name: SmokeShow
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
You're a cool dude. Good luck with the sale & even moreso on the surgery. I truly hope this is the last one you need man.

I just wish I could have bought your old c10. Love that damn truck.

IG: @_mitch_ratliff_

'14 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew, w/ 3.5L EcoBoost, bone stock

83 GMC K30 CC SB 4WD awaiting D/A chassis swap

Old 11-28-2016, 01:36 PM   #4
Ryan Tucker

Member`s Gallery
Thanks Mitch that means a lot! Looking forward to going over there. I'm gathering medical records today and getting a passport. It was a great truck, I sold it as a roller back then for only 8k. Seems I used it towards the 2nd or 3rd surgury back then. I tried to buy it back a couple years ago but he wanted to double down so I passed. Same thing with Bone Shaker. Those were good times. I'm doing a Lot more hunting and fishing to fill the void. I started racing on a bigger level in 1991 or 92. I had a good run.

Old 11-28-2016, 04:04 PM   #5
Big Boy Toys

Name: Big Boy Toys
Member`s Gallery
GLWS! your story sounds similar to mine, I've got degenerative disc disease in my spine, and have broken my back once, and "fractured" it another time. Sucks selling our "toys" to fund a life, but on the other hand I don't know about you, but I'd do about anything to be pain free. You seem like a stand up guy & sounds like a heck of a nice piece, hope it goes to a good home!

Old 11-28-2016, 04:21 PM   #6
Ryan Tucker

Member`s Gallery
Thank you very much.

I too have degenerative disk disease and rheumatoid arthritis among others. Just didn't know it until I got hurt. I'd never recommend a fussion to someone still very active. I just keep wearing the ones above and below out. Take a minute and read about the M6 disk over there in Germany. Unbelievable reading.

I'm fortunate to not Have to sale this car to get over there, hope it didn't read that way as desperate. But fact is I won't be making another pass so it's got to go. I could pital in a slow index class or something if I'm not wheelchair bound but....it's hard to slow down once you have been fast for many years. Went 4.27 at 188 here while back it was my fastest to date, lifted before the quarter still rolled through at 6.91 at 204. What a rush!

You tube a couple live surgeries from Dr Ritter Lang using the M6 disk. Warn ya it's gross as hell, but I can't wait

Dang just re read my first post, stupid auto correct butchered it up good. Ask any questions

Last edited by Ryan Tucker; 11-28-2016 at 04:32 PM.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:24 PM   #7
DieselWrencher

Name: DieselWrencher
Title: 6cyl Vette
Member`s Gallery
Ryan, I'm sorry to hear you're still having neck issues. I wish you the best of luck selling the car and getting your neck fixed up. Hopefully it'll be the last time you have to worry about it.
1972 K30 Longhorn P-Pumped 24v 47RH Compounds

Old 11-28-2016, 10:43 PM   #8
diesel_importer

Name: diesel_importer
Member`s Gallery
Same here. I hope you get it fixed right and rid yourself of some pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-29-2016, 10:06 AM   #9
Ryan Tucker

Member`s Gallery
Thanks guys. Me too.

Old 11-29-2016, 11:07 PM   #10
TravisG

Name: TravisG
Title: #THEREALLAVONMILLER
Member`s Gallery
Sorry to hear about the neck again Ryan. I'll spread the word around down in Tejas.

Old 11-30-2016, 10:59 AM   #11
Ryan Tucker

Member`s Gallery
Thank you, I will send someone a nice commission if you send me the buyer. This is going to be a Fast reliable hot rod. With the e.t. genie closed, a ton of timing pulled, and slowest blower drive it still makes about 850hp. I think I have a ratio that will make 1500hp with ease. 1500hp in a 1500 lbs car will be nuts.....

Old 12-02-2016, 03:31 PM   #12
Ryan Tucker

Member`s Gallery
I've had a few messages of interest but can't attach the pictures. A great member here for a long time (TravisG) has offered to post them for me. Thanks again.
Feel free to ask any questions
Ryan

Old 12-02-2016, 05:09 PM   #13
Chris Tobin

Name: Chris Tobin
Member`s Gallery
Ryan GLWS!

My wife has a fusion from a broken back at 16 and it is only getting worse too, along with RA and other issues... I feel for you and hope things work out good with the surgery!!!

Freelance Editor and Photographer
Working with DIESEL WORLD, DIRT SPORTS, MUSCLE CAR POWER & STREET TRUCKS magazines
tobinemail@aol.com
I might be able to help get you in a mag.
Custom poster size photos available. PM or email for info.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:32 PM   #14
Ryan Tucker

Member`s Gallery
Thank you Chris!

Old 12-03-2016, 08:26 AM   #15
SHughes

Name: SHughes
Title: Too much is never enough!
Member`s Gallery
Hate to hear it. Good luck with everything!

Old 12-03-2016, 09:41 AM   #16
Ryan Tucker

Member`s Gallery
I will take a little luck, I'm going to need it. 360° this time because there is So much work needing to be done both front and back. And 1 in the low back at L4-5. Yes, 4 and maybe 5 total disk replacements at once. At least the ashes bucket will be interesting one day. There is already a ton of hardware in there, I'm hoping some of that crap can come out while their in there? Nerve racking but I'm ready. 11 hour flight, close to 6k miles

Old 12-03-2016, 12:32 PM   #17
Pudge

Name: Pudge
Member`s Gallery
I watched some of the youtube vids of your doc, blows my mind they can replace a disc from first cut to stitches in 55 mins. Youve always had some awesome projects, I'm sure this one is of equal quality. Glws

Old 12-03-2016, 01:24 PM   #18
Ryan Tucker

Member`s Gallery
You and me both, Bud.

And yes this car is as good or better quality than both my other 2 diesel projects. Just lots faster. This car will run long side the Scheid Dragster for comparison. 4 teens or 20s, just reopen the plate and add the timing back in. Alcohol loves timing, no detonation and easy on parts

Or new drivers can tame it down to maybe run in the low 5s

Last edited by Ryan Tucker; 12-03-2016 at 01:27 PM.

Old 12-03-2016, 01:50 PM   #19
Ryan Tucker

Member`s Gallery
Something to be said when having 9,000 reliable rpm on tap, so much easier to go fast, not to mention how well the convertors work. Fluid coupling convertors really come into their own at 5k+ rpm, right where my diesel stuff was done

Old 12-04-2016, 11:35 PM   #20
Ryan Tucker

Member`s Gallery
Thank you Travis for adding the pictures

Ryan

Closed Thread