Tune Only Common Rail Mid 12s

Well I finally got to take my new half ton I built a few weeks ago, you can check out the thread for some pics. It is all stock, basics only, exhaust and intake. I tuned it myself with EFI Live. Also tuned in launch control so it would be consistent. Took it to the track for a baseline on sunday, It went 12.41 at 108 with a 1.91 60 foot. In logs it is totally out of gearing, going to go with a taller gear and see what it does, If I can get it to 60 foot like my other half ton, it will get down to almost 12.0 almost high 11. I weighed the truck yesterday at the scales and race weight was 5560 with me setting in it. Anyways on to the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKh4deOiroY

How much boost does it make with the staging tune? Doesn't seem like it would make much. Awesome time, I bet it's a blast to drive on the street.

I'm surprised a reg cab had 3.92 gears. Video makes it sound like you have some throttle hang coming out of the water box?

How much boost does it make with the staging tune? Doesn't seem like it would make much. Awesome time, I bet it's a blast to drive on the street.
it makes right at 10 psi, just on stock fuel parameters it made 7 psi I upped it just a bit, 10 psi at 1600 rpm
I'm surprised a reg cab had 3.92 gears. Video makes it sound like you have some throttle hang coming out of the water box?
Both of mine have had 3.92s, I swapped the other truck to 3.55s it needs 3.21s and now this one needs 3.55s. It does have some throttle hang if its setting on the rev limiter like that. I should have controlled it a little more but didn't think about it. My 12 valve will just hang time at 4400 and has no throttle hang during a burnout.

I can believe it... Back when my 2003 2wd was stock I went 12.96 with just a Smarty, TST, Edge EZ with stock everything else including Intake, and Exhaust.

How's that 9 1/4 rear holding up to that power and traction? I wanted to swap a 1/2 ton rear into mine to lose some weight but I'm worried it won't hold up. Awesome pass!

May I ask how you made the two-step tune work? Ive always wondered how to do that. Pretty impressive truck.

May I ask how you made the two-step tune work? Ive always wondered how to do that. Pretty impressive truck.
2 step is on the 6th tune which is activated by the brake pedal and released the pedal goes back to whatever the switch is set up I did have a thread for it.

How's that 9 1/4 rear holding up to that power and traction? I wanted to swap a 1/2 ton rear into mine to lose some weight but I'm worried it won't hold up. Awesome pass!
I haven't had any issue with the one in this one or the one in my 12 valve half ton.

Who does the tunes?
I tuned it myself.

He has a thread on here about it

I think he does it, according to his facebook

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk
You are correct!

Back