What if...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Diesel Drag Racing had a single race sorta like Lights Out/No Mercy with a stupid(25k+) pot for the prostreet guys? Reckon anybody would show up?

I think it would most likely determined by entry fees. If the entry fees were palatable, then for sure they would show. If the fees had to cover most of the 25k, then i don't see it working out.

you couldn't print enough tickets if there was a plane on a treadmill

You saying the ticket sales took off like the plane? :poke:

That said, I think it'll be kinda pointless. We already have 2 trucks hitting the end of their chassis cert in PS. Lights Out is balls to the walls in lightweight cars.

You saying the ticket sales took off like the plane? :poke:

That said, I think it'll be kinda pointless. We already have 2 trucks hitting the end of their chassis cert in PS. Lights Out is balls to the walls in lightweight cars.

I think it was lights out type of race though with diesel trucks.

Big race

I don't see it getting many more racers than a normal race. You still have the same old guys. You need to find a way to get NEW racers. The biggest problem is there needs to big a better spectator turnout. Maybe do a race like that at the UCC. That would help. Maybe Like Dennis has tried and have some fast gas cars there to draw in more people also. I'm working on a new Diesel race car but I'm doing it with another guy and its going slow. It should be a very nice piece when done but its taking way longer than I wanted. Its a 25.3 cert 2003 mustang cobra and hopefully it will get done soon.

I don't see it getting many more racers than a normal race. You still have the same old guys. You need to find a way to get NEW racers. The biggest problem is there needs to big a better spectator turnout. Maybe do a race like that at the UCC. That would help. Maybe Like Dennis has tried and have some fast gas cars there to draw in more people also. I'm working on a new Diesel race car but I'm doing it with another guy and its going slow. It should be a very nice piece when done but its taking way longer than I wanted. Its a 25.3 cert 2003 mustang cobra and hopefully it will get done soon.

It's hard to draw crowds when classes arnt full. the slower classes are full but fast classes are lucky to have 8 trucks now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back