Newbie looking for parts

Nickh77

Hello all. I’ve been a part of comp d for over a year now but haven’t played around on here much. Still trying to figure out how everything works. Recently was told to check the site for a used billet intake shelf for a 12v head. I’ve got a 12v head with the shelf cut off and have had it fully ported and polished. Trying to save some money by buying a used intake but haven’t had any luck finding one yet. I’m sure I can find a used one out here somewhere. Any leads on a billet intake shelf would be much appreciated! Trying to put together a motor that will respectfully make atleast 800 horse. My truck is a 96 Dodge Ram ext. cab long bed. 4 wheel drive of course. Minor engine work as of now. Full cuts, 4ks, 5x.018’s, air dog, 1/2 fuel lines dual fed to pump. Timing is at about 19.5-20 degrees advanced. Twin horn intake horn, on3 performance intercooler. Mighty bolt head bolts. Stock valve train as far as I know. Turbo is a used charger I bought from a buddy. Unsure of what you would really consider it but it’s a stock hx35 compressor wheel and housing. Exhaust wheel is bigger though. Whistles very loud compared to a normal hx35. No idea what’s been done to it but it lights quick and works good for now so thats all I care about. Truck was damn near bone stock when I bought it. Originally an automatic. 5 speed when I bought it and after having my fun with the 5 speed I swapped it back to an auto. It now has a built 47re. Billet shafts all the way through. Rebuild kit was from Firepunk. Not sure on specifics as far as each and every little part but I did put steel 6 pinion planets in it and had the anulus’s or whatever they’re called tig welded. It’s got a Firepunk full manual valve body and I’m running a dpc triple disk converter. I use a tci outlaw shifter and have the switches for od and lock up mounted in the handle. The trans is plumbed with all steel braided lines and kept cool by a derale cooler with a mishimoto fan. Truck is very fun to drive. I put a Yukon power lock carrier in the rear diff which makes frying tires no problem at all. Goal is to eventually scrap the truck and put the motor and trans into a single cab. I have almost everything I need to put an engine together except for this bolt on intake shelf!

Back