VS Racing??

impactblack

Hi all, I am new to this forum, and thank you for having me.

While shopping for a S400 turbo online last night, I came across this forum and the turbo stuffs I read was very informative. Long story short, I am in the market for a borg s488sxe. A company called "VS Racing" or VSR was everywhere on google and eBay. They have a s488 for around $1k. That's about 1/3 of the price compared to the borg sxe. I tried searching for reviews here but couldn't find much. Any help from someone with experience on vs racing turbos or any actual vs racing dealers would be appreciated.

TIA

Vs is decent China stuff, I see a lot of gas guys using them. Diesels are running a lot higher pressure ratios than the average gasser, personally I wouldn't risk it on my stuff and I'm a cheapskate.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Alot of ls guys run their stuff. Kind of a higher end throw away turbo from what ive heard. Plus Like mentioned above our trucks push them harder run higher boost and drive pressures. I would just save a little longer and get the borg. Get with a vendor on here

If its a factory borg from them yes, if its one of their turbos i know a few years ago they had alot of issues. I wouldnt run their own stuff unless somethings changed.

Thank y'all for the input.

I read up on a lota past posts from seemingly very experienced turbo builders here as well. The message is consistent, basically any chinesium go fast parts are big no no. That includes VS Racing. I thought it was too good to be true. Genuine Borg it is.

Diesels are running a lot higher pressure ratios than the average gasser, personally I wouldn't risk it on my stuff and I'm a cheapskate.

Technically speaking the entire S400 SX-E line of turbochargers are low pressure units, requiring an additional 40-50m/s of wheel speed to reach the same pressure ratio as previous units. And in many instances beyond the industry standard for supersonic threshold.

Technically speaking the entire S400 SX-E line of turbochargers are low pressure units, requiring an additional 40-50m/s of wheel speed to reach the same pressure ratio as previous units. And in many instances beyond the industry standard for supersonic threshold.

So what was the point behind the SXE changes?

High flow, big cyl head gas apps?
All I know is I've seen a couple trucks haul ass with them as a primary. Then it's big garret money to go up from there.

The S400 turbine is going to be limited in the amount of compressor it can run for sure, this is why we apply a very different strategy on our 88mm. It can produce the same wheel speed with 8k less shaft RPM and is geared toward creating a higher pressure ratio. We are hoping to get some dyno time over the winter to test some of the street turbochargers, but it would not surprise me if there is a three digit power differential compared to the SX-E.

If its a factory borg from them yes, if its one of their turbos i know a few years ago they had alot of issues. I wouldnt run their own stuff unless somethings changed.

IIRC they only sell their own version of the Borg. Avtually they sell precision and GT55 knockoffs too.

I have several gasoline customers that run them without issues. But like others have said thats at lower PRs than diesels and to be honest these guys dont push them toi hard RPM wise.

Flow, increasing overall pressure ratio capability was not the main focus as they were geared for the SFWD, Ultimate Street, and X275 market.

In other words maximizing flow rather than pressure. Making the map flow as well as possible around a PR of 3-3.5 is different than a diesel application.

Back