Hardway 1969' Nova X275 Build Thread

Krazeeun

Hardway Performance
Gather around, uncle Ryan's going to tell y'all a story...

There I was, with a 3 letter agency fine hanging over my head, bills piling up, all that fun stuff and I had an interested party in my beloved 1966 Chevy II that was definitely in it's prime - Sweet 16 Recap. It was time for it to go, so go it went, thankfully into the hands of my former crew chief Daniel Pierce & his Texas folks.

IMG_1642.heic

I reluctantly handed my wife the funds and told her I was building another one as soon as things got right. Bills got paid, adulting happened, bla bla bla...

Fast forward to PRI 2019, I was standing in a friends vendor booth with a few of them gathered around, ganging up on me if you will, giving me a hard time for selling the car, asking what I had planned. They didn't seem to like my answer that I was taking a year or two off and going to lay low. The cumulative answer seemed to be that I needed to find another car and get to work.

IMG_8387.JPG

Scrolling through social media one day not long after that I found this gem on Tin Soldiers Facebook page listed for sale. I sent a message and got an immediate response from them, they actually seemed excited about putting a Cummins in it, which was a welcomed response compared to the hate mail I got about putting a Cummins in the Chevy II a few year back.

This one was an unfinished product, a perfectly good clean 69' Nova that was cut up and turned into a race car but not yet finished, never been down the track. That was nice & all but when I found out it was a leaf spring car my jaw hit the floor, no way... was it meant to be? I showed a few of my inner circle folks who would be a part of the car, they all gave me the thumbs up but the final straw was me showing my wife the car and she said it was pretty, after 16 years of marriage that roughly translates into "go ahead and buy that car honey, I wont be mad". Done deal, now to figure out how to cough up the bread to go get it. I put a deposit on it and started hustling.

Here are the original pics I got of the car, includingwhat it looked like when it went to the chassis shop......

IMG_8375.JPG

IMG_8382.JPG

Thread to be continued with when I went to go get it....

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the first paragraph of post #2...

I've heard that they need to update the software or something.

Apparently I don't have permission to quote...

Hurry uncle ryan some of us read fast and my smores are getting cold

patience jedi, I didnt want to make the first one real long so I could make it right and then they locked me out of editing it after 15 minutes and ruined my night, I'll be back with more soon LOL

You should totally keep the white roof and factory wheels

you should... :umno:

That front clip is badazz. Going to look rowdy flying down the track

I love the way this thing sits!

wow. Both are beautiful cars! Thanks for the morning read.

As for the leaf springs, why is that better?

wow. Both are beautiful cars! Thanks for the morning read.

As for the leaf springs, why is that better?

Ryan cant figure out a 4 link, so he needs something simple. HE IS SMRT NOT (his words, not mine)

It's been a while for me... Nice to see a few of the OGs lurking! If all goes well, we'll have photos from Lights Out to post.

Hopefully Ryan updates the thread soon! I figure he is busy out racing right now, however I am definitely looking forward to a more in depth overview than what's on Instagram :poke:

Back