goerend vs firepunk trans?

dodge12v95

i had a 12 valve i used all goerend parts to build a trans and worked great sled pulled and drag raced with it, i have a buddy that has a 04.5 2500 thats looking to build his transmission, ive only ever used goerend and had great results but that was 10 years ago, so who would you guys recommend for someone mostly daily driving a truck and going to be running a big single turbo? TIA

Firepunk not only for the quality of product, but the quality of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya, I don't know. Neither place was too friendly on the phone to me.. at least goerend returned my call. Andy at firepunk was a kind of a smartass that never returned my calls or emails. I called 3 times before I gave up. Hard to do business if you can't even talk with a customer.

I would go with a shop that has experience with higher HP builds and uses quality parts that is near you so you can deal with them in person.

I have no experience with Firepunk, but they have a reputation for building good tranny’s and controllers.

I have sold, serviced and ran Goerend transmissions for years. The products and the people have served me well.

Firepunk puts together a good product, goerend builds good products. They're both tough to get a hold of unfortunately, especially during these times.

No complaints from either, personally I like Goerend converters better than DPC. Goerend manufactures their parts. I don't think you can go wrong with either though. Larson from Firepunk is always quick to help. Both are super busy, so that must mean they are doing something right.

Just had a stall change and valve body cut and clean from Goerend. It took about a month to get the parts back but very understandable during all of this.
Dave Anderson is great to work with and always returned my emails. Bob is great on the tech department side of things as well.

I've only ran Goerend transmissions in my Duramax and Cummins for just around 10 years now and can't say enough good things about them.

Not that I want this thread to turn into a transmission war, but just look how far we have come since the early aughts. 20 years ago we would be in the parking lot looking for blood.

Not that I want this thread to turn into a transmission war, but just look how far we have come since the early aughts. 20 years ago we would be in the parking lot looking for blood.

20 years ago an '02 Ram was the last year for the second generation Dodge, 500 h.p. was gettin' it, and you couldn't "build" an engine with a laptop.

I've been through three trans in my 2008 and the only one that has held more than a year is Goerend. It's still going strong after 8 years and 75k miles plus countless sled pulls and drag races. The other two were from Suncoast and ATS.

We used to do strictly Suncoast but since Joe Webb died its been like they don't care about anything but Insta likes anymore. Rev Max has been our go-to since and hasn't been a problem

Who builds the Goerends nowadays? I’ve heard that Goerend just sells the parts.

Im looking at a Comp from Firepunk in the near future. I get nothing but good vibes from that crew.

Back