Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Drag Racing
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drag Racing Where ALL Racers are Welcome- From ET Bracket, all the way to ProStreet and Top Diesel!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2008, 10:07 AM   #1
f6jbob
 
f6jbob's Avatar

Name: f6jbob
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: western Wi.
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 1,153
DHRA Shafts Drag Racers

Many of you might not know who I am by looking at my user name as I don't post much. I'm Jim Layden, 2006 dhra QD Champion, 2007 dhra QD East Coast Champion and 2007 dhra QD National Championship runner-up. This is going to be quite lengthy so hang on. This is mainly going to be my story, but two other QD friends and competitors share most if not all of the same feelings as I do. We'll call these two friends Bruce and George. Anyway here goes.

In 2007 I attended every dhra drag race event and did quite well, winning the East Coast Championship. In October I went to Houston and raced for the national championship taking second place in the finals. I had a great year racing, representing the diesel community and dhra. I was unable to attend the dhra banquet in January. A little over a week after the banquet I received a "Rudy" for the 2007 East QD series. Great!! I was expecting this plus championship money for the East QD series and second place money for the national championship. I waited another week yet received nothing. Now Bruce, George and I are all expecting something from the east series and Bruce and I are expecting something on the national level as Bruce placed third nationally. I finally emailed Rita at dhra with the following:

"Rita, I have a question concerning the 2007 QD Championship. Isn't there a payout and plaque awarded for 2nd place? I am sure it paid 3 or 4 places.
Jim Layden"

Bruce also emailed dhra. A few days later we got this email from Eric McBride:

Bruce/Jim,
Cash prizes were only awarded to the champions last year, here is a reminder of the rulebook amendment that came out last year once Dunbar refined the championship:



DHRA Rulebook Amendment 8/10/07

Section 3 Points and Related Programs



The DieselPower! Drag Racing Series has three classes of championship drag racing: ET Bracket, Quick Diesel, Pro Street. The Series is divided into and East series, and a West series. Competitors must choose one series in which they will compete for the championship. Racers are, however, allowed to compete in out of area races without earning points.

Championships can be earned in each of the three classes in each region (East and West). Each of the champions from each region will receive a “Rudy” trophy.

The DieselPower! Drag Racing Series will culminate with the Nowel Thomas Memorial Drag Races at the Texas Diesel Nationals in October, where the champion and runner up from each class will face off East vs. West. First round (semi-finals) will pit East champion against the West runner up and vice versa. Second round will be for the DHRA National Drag Racing Championship between first round winners. National Champions will receive cash prize and a special “Rudy” plaque commemorating their victory.



Eric McBride



At this point in the story I have a couple of thing I will address:

1. David Dunbar had nothing to do with "refining" the championship. This amendment was cooked up on the way back from the Denver dhra event when dhra's "guy" didn't win the West Coast Pro Street championship and wouldn't be competing for the national championship in Houston. He's doomed! No, wait, we'll just amend the rules and get him right back in there. Also, now remember that NHRA changed their format (at the beginning of the season) to the "count down to the championship" or something on that order. So this amendment will make us look "cool" and progressive just like NHRA. Man we're golden. So the point here is Dunbar didn't "refine" the championship but was thrown under the bus by dhra.

2. Next is the amendment and the way it was handled. Did dhra send a letter or email to the membership informing them of the amendment? No!! They posted it on an internet forum. That's good enough. Some of the members will probably see it. In the dhra 2007 rule book (page 69) it states: "Championships can be earned in each of the three classes in each region (East & West). Each of the champions from each region will receive a Rudy. The top five points-earners in each class will receive cash prizes." I CHALLENGE dhra to show where they made this amendment known to all its members (especially the ones with competition endorsements) and where it states they rescinded paying the top five points earners. My point is its unbelievable how this was done.

To date Bruce, George and I have not received a dime. I had first in the east and second in the national. Bruce had second in the east and third in the national. George had third in the east. Now does anyone believe that competitors would travel thousands of miles to North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Kentucky, Indiana and Texas to race knowing that only the national champion would receive a cash prize? I think not.

To top this off on my part of the story, I spoke to the owner of the second place national bracket winner and he received a cash prize. I have also spoken to the driver of the second place national pro street truck and he received a cash prize. Apparently QD is the ugly step-child of dhra. Its entirely possible that dhra will read this, say there's been an oversight or some such thing and throw an entry level person or maybe Rita under the bus as that's about all that's left from 2007. If there is someone who wants to belong to a diesel motorsports organization that treats you like a mushroom (keeps you in the dark and covers you with $hit) I strongly recommend dhra. They are PROFESSIONALS. "Man the bilge pumps." I'm thinking Ronald Regan had Alzheimer's "before" he became president. Folks, stay tuned as I'm planning weekly episodes of "As the worm turns".

Jim "Lucky Dog" Layden

Sorry folks, I thought I was done but there's something else I'd like to mention. In Houston, racing for the national QD championship, I pushed myself through the staging lights at launching boost, handing the championship to my opponent. I didn't even wait for the tree to come all the way down. I just left because it was game over for me. 300' out I snapped the input shaft. I wasn't meant to win this race. $hit happens, right. I'm walking around in the pits looking for a trailer so I can install my spare tranny. Mr. dhra walks up to me, shakes my hand for the first time EVER and says "You should change your name from Lucky Dog to Chokin' Dog.". Thanks Eric, you are my hero. Thanks for all your support.
 
Old 02-10-2008, 10:38 AM   #2
COMP461
 
COMP461's Avatar

Name: COMP461
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Aledo
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 4,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by f6jbob
Many of you might not know who I am by looking at my user name as I don't post much. I'm Jim Layden, 2006 dhra QD Champion, 2007 dhra QD East Coast Champion and 2007 dhra QD National Championship runner-up. This is going to be quite lengthy so hang on. This is mainly going to be my story, but two other QD friends and competitors share most if not all of the same feelings as I do. We'll call these two friends Bruce and George. Anyway here goes.

In 2007 I attended every dhra drag race event and did quite well, winning the East Coast Championship. In October I went to Houston and raced for the national championship taking second place in the finals. I had a great year racing, representing the diesel community and dhra. I was unable to attend the dhra banquet in January. A little over a week after the banquet I received a "Rudy" for the 2007 East QD series. Great!! I was expecting this plus championship money for the East QD series and second place money for the national championship. I waited another week yet received nothing. Now Bruce, George and I are all expecting something from the east series and Bruce and I are expecting something on the national level as Bruce placed third nationally. I finally emailed Rita at dhra with the following:

"Rita, I have a question concerning the 2007 QD Championship. Isn't there a payout and plaque awarded for 2nd place? I am sure it paid 3 or 4 places.
Jim Layden"

Bruce also emailed dhra. A few days later we got this email from Eric McBride:

Bruce/Jim,
Cash prizes were only awarded to the champions last year, here is a reminder of the rulebook amendment that came out last year once Dunbar refined the championship:



DHRA Rulebook Amendment 8/10/07

Section 3 Points and Related Programs



The DieselPower! Drag Racing Series has three classes of championship drag racing: ET Bracket, Quick Diesel, Pro Street. The Series is divided into and East series, and a West series. Competitors must choose one series in which they will compete for the championship. Racers are, however, allowed to compete in out of area races without earning points.

Championships can be earned in each of the three classes in each region (East and West). Each of the champions from each region will receive a “Rudy” trophy.

The DieselPower! Drag Racing Series will culminate with the Nowel Thomas Memorial Drag Races at the Texas Diesel Nationals in October, where the champion and runner up from each class will face off East vs. West. First round (semi-finals) will pit East champion against the West runner up and vice versa. Second round will be for the DHRA National Drag Racing Championship between first round winners. National Champions will receive cash prize and a special “Rudy” plaque commemorating their victory.



Eric McBride



At this point in the story I have a couple of thing I will address:

1. David Dunbar had nothing to do with "refining" the championship. This amendment was cooked up on the way back from the Denver dhra event when dhra's "guy" didn't win the West Coast Pro Street championship and wouldn't be competing for the national championship in Houston. He's doomed! No, wait, we'll just amend the rules and get him right back in there. Also, now remember that NHRA changed their format (at the beginning of the season) to the "count down to the championship" or something on that order. So this amendment will make us look "cool" and progressive just like NHRA. Man we're golden. So the point here is Dunbar didn't "refine" the championship but was thrown under the bus by dhra.

2. Next is the amendment and the way it was handled. Did dhra send a letter or email to the membership informing them of the amendment? No!! They posted it on an internet forum. That's good enough. Some of the members will probably see it. In the dhra 2007 rule book (page 69) it states: "Championships can be earned in each of the three classes in each region (East & West). Each of the champions from each region will receive a Rudy. The top five points-earners in each class will receive cash prizes." I CHALLENGE dhra to show where they made this amendment known to all its members (especially the ones with competition endorsements) and where it states they rescinded paying the top five points earners. My point is its unbelievable how this was done.

To date Bruce, George and I have not received a dime. I had first in the east and second in the national. Bruce had second in the east and third in the national. George had third in the east. Now does anyone believe that competitors would travel thousands of miles to North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Kentucky, Indiana and Texas to race knowing that only the national champion would receive a cash prize? I think not.

To top this off on my part of the story, I spoke to the owner of the second place national bracket winner and he received a cash prize. I have also spoken to the driver of the second place national pro street truck and he received a cash prize. Apparently QD is the ugly step-child of dhra. Its entirely possible that dhra will read this, say there's been an oversight or some such thing and throw an entry level person or maybe Rita under the bus as that's about all that's left from 2007. If there is someone who wants to belong to a diesel motorsports organization that treats you like a mushroom (keeps you in the dark and covers you with $hit) I strongly recommend dhra. They are PROFESSIONALS. "Man the bilge pumps." I'm thinking Ronald Regan had Alzheimer's "before" he became president. Folks, stay tuned as I'm planning weekly episodes of "As the worm turns".

Jim "Lucky Dog" Layden

Sorry folks, I thought I was done but there's something else I'd like to mention. In Houston, racing for the national QD championship, I pushed myself through the staging lights at launching boost, handing the championship to my opponent. I didn't even wait for the tree to come all the way down. I just left because it was game over for me. 300' out I snapped the input shaft. I wasn't meant to win this race. $hit happens, right. I'm walking around in the pits looking for a trailer so I can install my spare tranny. Mr. dhra walks up to me, shakes my hand for the first time EVER and says "You should change your name from Lucky Dog to Chokin' Dog.". Thanks Eric, you are my hero. Thanks for all your support.



First Jim Congratulation on your season, I on many occasions would have traded rides with you and others to race, exhibition sucks for any racer.

Jim the good news is that you now have two great organizations that are run by good honest people. I really applaud the work that Randy at NHRDA, and his guys Jeff Olsen, Chris Winans, Mike DEEZ , and many others and David Dunbar at NADM and his guys Sleddie, Deter, and many other, are doing to bring the best possible show to the people, and fair and equal treatment to racers. I have stressed over the years that rules must, remain consistent for people to invest in to the sport.

Rules can’t change to favor any one person or vendor. The man at the top has to be rock solid in his integrity, and the willingness to stick by the rules, and his principals even when it hurts.


I strongly suggest you support these two great organizations 100% and try to run they events as I will be doing exclusively when running diesel only events.
 
Old 02-10-2008, 10:48 AM   #3
Mike D
 
Mike D's Avatar

Name: Mike D
Title: Ctrl - Alt - Diesel
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rural Hall, NC
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 870
Jim, Reading that just put a twist in my gut. Last year when the whole Houston thing was coming to the surface, I knew nothing good would ever come of it. Hopefully, DHRA will make it right for you, but knowing the reputation of a certain person I won't hold my breath for you.

The really sad part about this whole thing is that Jim is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. To say Jim was dedicated to racing QD in the DHRA would be an understatement.

Quote:
Mr. dhra walks up to me, shakes my hand for the first time EVER and says "You should change your name from Lucky Dog to Chokin' Dog."
Nothing says "I'm a piece of chit azz clown" better than kicking a man when he's down. Bravo!

Jim post up what events you'll be racing. DHRA lost my support but I would still like to come out a support your racing efforts.

Mike
 
Old 02-10-2008, 10:52 AM   #4
Fletcher
 
Fletcher's Avatar

Name: Fletcher
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by f6jbob
Many of you might not know who I am by looking at my user name as I don't post much. I'm Jim Layden, 2006 dhra QD Champion, 2007 dhra QD East Coast Champion and 2007 dhra QD National Championship runner-up. This is going to be quite lengthy so hang on. This is mainly going to be my story, but two other QD friends and competitors share most if not all of the same feelings as I do. We'll call these two friends Bruce and George. Anyway here goes.

In 2007 I attended every dhra drag race event and did quite well, winning the East Coast Championship. In October I went to Houston and raced for the national championship taking second place in the finals. I had a great year racing, representing the diesel community and dhra. I was unable to attend the dhra banquet in January. A little over a week after the banquet I received a "Rudy" for the 2007 East QD series. Great!! I was expecting this plus championship money for the East QD series and second place money for the national championship. I waited another week yet received nothing. Now Bruce, George and I are all expecting something from the east series and Bruce and I are expecting something on the national level as Bruce placed third nationally. I finally emailed Rita at dhra with the following:

"Rita, I have a question concerning the 2007 QD Championship. Isn't there a payout and plaque awarded for 2nd place? I am sure it paid 3 or 4 places.
Jim Layden"

Bruce also emailed dhra. A few days later we got this email from Eric McBride:

Bruce/Jim,
Cash prizes were only awarded to the champions last year, here is a reminder of the rulebook amendment that came out last year once Dunbar refined the championship:



DHRA Rulebook Amendment 8/10/07

Section 3 Points and Related Programs



The DieselPower! Drag Racing Series has three classes of championship drag racing: ET Bracket, Quick Diesel, Pro Street. The Series is divided into and East series, and a West series. Competitors must choose one series in which they will compete for the championship. Racers are, however, allowed to compete in out of area races without earning points.

Championships can be earned in each of the three classes in each region (East and West). Each of the champions from each region will receive a “Rudy” trophy.

The DieselPower! Drag Racing Series will culminate with the Nowel Thomas Memorial Drag Races at the Texas Diesel Nationals in October, where the champion and runner up from each class will face off East vs. West. First round (semi-finals) will pit East champion against the West runner up and vice versa. Second round will be for the DHRA National Drag Racing Championship between first round winners. National Champions will receive cash prize and a special “Rudy” plaque commemorating their victory.



Eric McBride



At this point in the story I have a couple of thing I will address:

1. David Dunbar had nothing to do with "refining" the championship. This amendment was cooked up on the way back from the Denver dhra event when dhra's "guy" didn't win the West Coast Pro Street championship and wouldn't be competing for the national championship in Houston. He's doomed! No, wait, we'll just amend the rules and get him right back in there. Also, now remember that NHRA changed their format (at the beginning of the season) to the "count down to the championship" or something on that order. So this amendment will make us look "cool" and progressive just like NHRA. Man we're golden. So the point here is Dunbar didn't "refine" the championship but was thrown under the bus by dhra.

2. Next is the amendment and the way it was handled. Did dhra send a letter or email to the membership informing them of the amendment? No!! They posted it on an internet forum. That's good enough. Some of the members will probably see it. In the dhra 2007 rule book (page 69) it states: "Championships can be earned in each of the three classes in each region (East & West). Each of the champions from each region will receive a Rudy. The top five points-earners in each class will receive cash prizes." I CHALLENGE dhra to show where they made this amendment known to all its members (especially the ones with competition endorsements) and where it states they rescinded paying the top five points earners. My point is its unbelievable how this was done.

To date Bruce, George and I have not received a dime. I had first in the east and second in the national. Bruce had second in the east and third in the national. George had third in the east. Now does anyone believe that competitors would travel thousands of miles to North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Kentucky, Indiana and Texas to race knowing that only the national champion would receive a cash prize? I think not.

To top this off on my part of the story, I spoke to the owner of the second place national bracket winner and he received a cash prize. I have also spoken to the driver of the second place national pro street truck and he received a cash prize. Apparently QD is the ugly step-child of dhra. Its entirely possible that dhra will read this, say there's been an oversight or some such thing and throw an entry level person or maybe Rita under the bus as that's about all that's left from 2007. If there is someone who wants to belong to a diesel motorsports organization that treats you like a mushroom (keeps you in the dark and covers you with $hit) I strongly recommend dhra. They are PROFESSIONALS. "Man the bilge pumps." I'm thinking Ronald Regan had Alzheimer's "before" he became president. Folks, stay tuned as I'm planning weekly episodes of "As the worm turns".

Jim "Lucky Dog" Layden

Sorry folks, I thought I was done but there's something else I'd like to mention. In Houston, racing for the national QD championship, I pushed myself through the staging lights at launching boost, handing the championship to my opponent. I didn't even wait for the tree to come all the way down. I just left because it was game over for me. 300' out I snapped the input shaft. I wasn't meant to win this race. $hit happens, right. I'm walking around in the pits looking for a trailer so I can install my spare tranny. Mr. dhra walks up to me, shakes my hand for the first time EVER and says "You should change your name from Lucky Dog to Chokin' Dog.". Thanks Eric, you are my hero. Thanks for all your support.
Congratulations on you’re your hard work and persistence rewarding you with a championship placement... Also, I commend you on your dissertation. We need to have things like this shared more often between the racers.
 
Old 02-10-2008, 10:53 AM   #5
JOHNBOY
 
JOHNBOY's Avatar

Name: JOHNBOY
Title: ZF6 Sled Puller
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Saegertown, Pa
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 1,854
I agree with Comp!

It sucks that happen to you Jim. Not much to do now other than say screw DHRA, cut your losses, and see what the other sanctioning bodies can do to help the sport instead of themselves.


Off topic. Jim I watched your truck on Speed Channel last night.
__________________
02 GMC 2500HD CCLB Dmax ZF6
There is nothing like the smell of incomplete combustion in the morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale Banks
My answer to the guys with nitrous........Get a better job........make some more money so you can learn to turbocharge!
 
Old 02-10-2008, 10:57 AM   #6
zstroken
 
zstroken's Avatar

Name: zstroken
Title: For $$$ your name here
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Western Michigan(by the lake)
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 23,151
So is this fair to say that IRP won't be the big event this year??
 
Old 02-10-2008, 10:57 AM   #7
COMP461
 
COMP461's Avatar

Name: COMP461
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Aledo
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 4,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY
I agree with Comp!

It sucks that happen to you Jim. Not much to do now other than say screw DHRA, cut your losses, and see what the other sanctioning bodies can do to help the sport instead of themselves.


Off topic. Jim I watched your truck on Speed Channel last night.
when , that is the kind of exposure that could launch a ride for Jim.

again good luck and see you at the track this year ,
 
Old 02-10-2008, 11:01 AM   #8
moss

Name: moss
Title: eager to start pulling
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: sandwich, il
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 169
sorry to hear about this jim. i know that you and bruce were very involved with the qd racing. hopefully you will keep racing somewhere!
__________________
01 with tts parts
08
 
Old 02-10-2008, 11:03 AM   #9
JOHNBOY
 
JOHNBOY's Avatar

Name: JOHNBOY
Title: ZF6 Sled Puller
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Saegertown, Pa
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 1,854
[QUOTE=COMP461]when , that is the kind of exposure that could launch a ride for Jim. [QUOTE]

Last night 9pm eastern time. Speed channel ,Lucas oil on the Edge show. They had good coverage of QD. I saw Jim make at least 3 passes.
__________________
02 GMC 2500HD CCLB Dmax ZF6
There is nothing like the smell of incomplete combustion in the morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale Banks
My answer to the guys with nitrous........Get a better job........make some more money so you can learn to turbocharge!
 
Old 02-10-2008, 11:08 AM   #10
COMP461
 
COMP461's Avatar

Name: COMP461
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Aledo
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 4,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by zstroken
So is this fair to say that IRP won't be the big event this year??

Would be nice to have a big event the same weekend in a central location, say Dallas, Topeka, Memphis, or Oklahoma City all those places have really nice tracks and places to have ,truck pulls, did I just say pulls , I need to go take my medicine.

Seriously, the best plan is to come together as one big group of fans and racers, and to support the two great organizations.

How about it , a event , ill show up, and will toss my best cheerleading efforts in to this , hech , Ill even stand shoulder to Shoulder with Sleddie , Racingdually, even John P to make this work.

 
Old 02-10-2008, 11:09 AM   #11
COMP461
 
COMP461's Avatar

Name: COMP461
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Aledo
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 4,009
[QUOTE=JOHNBOY][QUOTE=COMP461]when , that is the kind of exposure that could launch a ride for Jim.
Quote:

Last night 9pm eastern time. Speed channel ,Lucas oil on the Edge show. They had good coverage of QD. I saw Jim make at least 3 passes.
Ill try to record it , and burn him a DVD
 
Old 02-10-2008, 11:15 AM   #12
Mike D
 
Mike D's Avatar

Name: Mike D
Title: Ctrl - Alt - Diesel
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rural Hall, NC
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 870
Greg, I'm for that! I sure anyone that knows Jim within the racing community would make an effort to be there as well. Racers and fans alike have to use their voice and $$ to show that we won't support organizations that treat the people like Jim Layden in the manner of which he was treated.
 
Old 02-10-2008, 11:17 AM   #13
partsguy662
 
partsguy662's Avatar

Name: partsguy662
Title: You know damm right
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Eau Claire, WI
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 6,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMP461
Would be nice to have a big event the same weekend in a central location, say Dallas, Topeka, Memphis, or Oklahoma City all those places have really nice tracks and places to have ,truck pulls, did I just say pulls , I need to go take my medicine.

Seriously, the best plan is to come together as one big group of fans and racers, and to support the two great organizations.

How about it , a event , ill show up, and will toss my best cheerleading efforts in to this , hech , Ill even stand shoulder to Shoulder with Sleddie , Racingdually, even John P to make this work.

Comp...I just fell over and hit my head on the floor when I read that...Thanks for the concussion..


__________________
Life rewards the ones who try until they've got it down..



--Scott
COMPETITIONDIESEL.COM
 
Old 02-10-2008, 11:18 AM   #14
COMP461
 
COMP461's Avatar

Name: COMP461
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Aledo
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 4,009
well this is a CALL TO ACTION
 
Old 02-10-2008, 11:24 AM   #15
zstroken
 
zstroken's Avatar

Name: zstroken
Title: For $$$ your name here
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Western Michigan(by the lake)
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 23,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMP461
Would be nice to have a big event the same weekend in a central location, say Dallas, Topeka, Memphis, or Oklahoma City all those places have really nice tracks and places to have ,truck pulls, did I just say pulls , I need to go take my medicine.

Seriously, the best plan is to come together as one big group of fans and racers, and to support the two great organizations.

How about it , a event , ill show up, and will toss my best cheerleading efforts in to this , hech , Ill even stand shoulder to Shoulder with Sleddie , Racingdually, even John P to make this work.


Do what DHRA did to ATPA a few years back, they forced people to either make a choice or rush like crap to get to both pulls. They made mooreland pull double points.

Kansas City would be a nice central location.
 
Old 02-10-2008, 11:24 AM   #16
Fear My Dodge
 
Fear My Dodge's Avatar

Name: Fear My Dodge
Title: Stax Motorsports
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 74
Hey Jim......

Sorry to hear what DHRA has done to you that sucks sweaty monkey nutz............

I would like to say congarts man that is an Impressive season, And I hope you get what you have earned.You and others like you are pushing the limits and making deisel performance that much better and even up here in Canada we can see the diffrence. Once again congrats and I hope it works out for you.


James Dack c/o Stax Motorsports
__________________
Phat Shaft 62 Turbo, Fass Fuel, Juice Edge w Attitude, Smarty Box, Full Mag Tech's, ATS 3 Piece Manifold, RPM Stud Kit, AFE Stage 2 Air Box, O-Ringed Head, Custom NADPTransmision, Full Guages, ATS Hi-Ram, Flexlite Fans, Fluid Dampner.http://www.staxmotorsports.com
 
Old 02-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #17
MAX707

Name: MAX707
Title: Diesel Head
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NORCAL
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 18
Hey Jim I follow all the racing leaugues and have deffinateley heard of you and your impressive truck. It's real sad a organization alot of us pay dues to would treat you like that! I'm getting sick of hearing about all this shadyness. All it's going to do is ruin our sport in the midle of it's great rise to popularity and succes. Again sorry to hear about the league screwing you over.
__________________
07-LBZ7-EX/SB- SoCal LB7 Cut&Coat, SoCal Stage 2 Head, SoCal Custom Cam, SoCal Damper, Don M. Injectors, Carrillo Rods, BMS High Flow Oil Pump, Merchant Push Rods. GT4202R Turbo, PPE CP3X2, Intercooler, Stage 5 Tranny, Tranny Cooler, CP3-7 Tune, BD Exhaust Manifold, BD Turbo Valve, ATS Co-Pilot.
 
Old 02-10-2008, 12:47 PM   #18
John_P

Name: John_P
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 530
Jim:

Sorry to hear what has happened to you, Bruce and George with DHRA! I applaud you for having the courage to come on CompD and tell the Members what has been going on within that organization. Believe me, you are only saying what ALOT of the rest of us have been thinking for quite some time now. I only ran a couple of events with you guys last year and did not do more because of what I saw and heard from the "rank and file" racers.

Jim, as you know, I think alot of you and highly respect what you have accomplished with your quick Dodge CTD 12 valve. I can assure you that all of the participants in the DHRA Diesel Drag Racing Classes also highly respect you, your opinions and what you have accomplished and I have NEVER heard an unkind word uttered about you from anybody!

Since the subject of this thread is the DHRA and its treatment of the racers and participants there are a couple of things I want to add to what you have said. Eric McBrides treatment of others, including his own ex-partner (Neal Murphy) along with some darn fine people like David Dunbar, Dieter, Gene Mahoney and Ron Knoch has been LOUSY to say the least!! Many of the sponsors don't have alot of good to say about the way Eric conducts his business either! And I can tell you that going back to around the year 2000,
Eric's dealings with others IMHO are not good. There is so much I wish I could write here to "expose' Eric for what he really is, but I better not due to the forum rules and respect to the Moderators and Owners. Those of us that are in this sport know what is going on, so I will leave it at that.

There is an old saying that says: "You reap what you sow" and IMHO Eric McBride and his struggling DHRA organization are going to see that when you treat the very people who you want to support you like crap, then those people will go elsewhere and that is going to happen this year!!

Jim, thanks again for your post here! You are a great guy and I look forward to seeing you at some of the events this year buddy!

--------
John_P
__________________
1996 Dodge CTD, Ext. Cab, LB, 4X4. Auto, Scheid Diesel built engine with: Scheid Arias Pistons, Scheid Cam, Scheid Twin Turbos, 14mm studs/firerings, FASS, Fluidamper, ATS Stage V Full Billet Tranny

My sincere thanks to Scheid Diesel and ATS Diesel Performance.
 
Old 02-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #19
John_P

Name: John_P
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMP461
Would be nice to have a big event the same weekend in a central location, say Dallas, Topeka, Memphis, or Oklahoma City all those places have really nice tracks and places to have ,truck pulls, did I just say pulls , I need to go take my medicine.

Seriously, the best plan is to come together as one big group of fans and racers, and to support the two great organizations.

How about it , a event , ill show up, and will toss my best cheerleading efforts in to this , hech , Ill even stand shoulder to Shoulder with Sleddie , Racingdually, even John P to make this work.

------------------------------------------------
Greg:

Thanks for the "olive branch!" I am sure Gene and Jeff would appreciate it too.

-------
John_P
__________________
1996 Dodge CTD, Ext. Cab, LB, 4X4. Auto, Scheid Diesel built engine with: Scheid Arias Pistons, Scheid Cam, Scheid Twin Turbos, 14mm studs/firerings, FASS, Fluidamper, ATS Stage V Full Billet Tranny

My sincere thanks to Scheid Diesel and ATS Diesel Performance.
 
Old 02-10-2008, 02:40 PM   #20
Toolman
 
Toolman's Avatar

Name: Toolman
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Southern Michigan
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 1,076
Jim,
Thanks for having the courage to bring this to the for front. I agree with you totally, it is a shafting !! How can the DHRA change rules at the end of the racing season? And even worse then that they didn't notify any of the racers about it . I didn't know anything about the change in pay out till last week when I got a reply to my email asking what happened to my money . There should have been a copy of the amendment mailed to each DHRA member or at least the ones that paid for competition endorsements that it affected . I heard that it was posted on Comp D back in August. I am sorry but I don't have time to read the forums every day and I missed it . I just went back and looked at it today and here is what I got out of it.

DHRA rulebook amendment
This is how the championship will work during the Nowel Thomas Memorial Drags on Saturday:


The DieselPower! Drag Racing Series has three classes of championship drag racing: ET Bracket, Quick Diesel, Pro Street. The Series is divided into and East series, and a West series. Competitors must choose one series in which they will compete for the championship. Racers are, however, allowed to compete in out of area races without earning points.
Championships can be earned in each of the three classes in each region (East and West). Each of the champions from each region will receive a “Rudy” trophy.
The DieselPower! Drag Racing Series will culminate with the Nowel Thomas Memorial Drag Races at the Texas Diesel Nationals in October, where the champion and runner up from each class will face off East vs. West. First round (semi-finals) will pit East champion against the West runner up and vice versa. Second round will be for the DHRA National Drag Racing Championship between first round winners. National Champions will receive cash prize and a special “Rudy” plaque commemorating their victory.

Two rounds of diesel drag racing action-one champion per class!


To me this looks like it is the format of how they want to run the championship races to determine the champion , not that they are going to just pay the Champion only, and no other places! The 2007 rule book says that they will pay cash prizes to 5 places in the east and the west. There is nothing in that paragraph stating that has changed . And beside that how can they DHRA change the pay out anyway after the racers have paid 150.00 for a competition endorsement to earn points toward a championship . That is like buying a lotto ticked and then have them say the ticket is no good, there is no money, we used it for something else!! That all should have been set aside for the Championship at the beginning of the year. I just don't see how they can do business like that !! It has to be consistent !

Bruce Block
__________________
04.5 Dodge ,PPE Dual Fueler, Stainless Diesel, Bullseye Power Turbo, Fass Fuel Systems, M & J Tool Converter and shafts, Smarty UDC Tuning , Isspro Gauges, Fluidampr

B&B Tooling 269-496-9021


B & B Tooling Intakes and custom machined parts.

Member of Drive by Wire Mafia
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 PM.

 


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 - 2021, CompetitionDiesel.com
all information found on this site is property of www.competitiondiesel.com