New Display for you gauge junkies.

4x4dually

For you display junkies who like to see whats going on and have more gauges in your truck than the sky has stars, here's a new one for you. I haven't seen them in the Diesel Performance world yet so maybe it is a new thing and maybe I'm just catching up.

http://www.fwmurphy.com/products/murphylink/powerview.htm

The display mounts nicely in the 2nd gen trucks as shown in my pics. All I needed was a 5 gallon bucket to make a bracket out of and it looks pretty much factory 'cept for the lower right hand corner. I only took out the three scews that held the little pocket in and removed it. Everything is 100% reversible if I take it out.

Now I have an additional four readouts besides the four on my attitude monitor plus an active DTC display as well as the capability to read the DTC's stored in the ECU.

I think this would be perfect for you Comp Box running guys that want the Comp box but also want the attitude monitor. Put in a comp and one of these and have it all. You can also drive up to 8 additional round gauged by daisy chaining them from this unit.

What do you all think? I think list on them is like $325 or so. I'm not sure where you can buy them but I can find out if anyone is interested.

***It works on my 2002. I have not researched it working on any other truck. Consult Murphy before buying one. ***

Attachments

• DSC02854 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02854 (Medium).JPG
    36 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC02855 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02855 (Medium).JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC02857 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02857 (Medium).JPG
    43 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC02864 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02864 (Medium).JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC02866 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02866 (Medium).JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC02867 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02867 (Medium).JPG
    59 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Sorry. Forgot to mention that. No, that didn't work. It just threw a bunch of codes because the CCD bus didn't like it.

It has to tie into the "cummins bus" connector hanging off the wire harness by the ECU. This is where my Juice box plugged in. Edge, saving a buck, didn't use 120 ohm cable like the J1939 specifies so I just put two little blue splices on the juice harness to tie this readout to it.

Four wires required.

Can + ties to pin one (A) of the three prong plug
Can - ties to pin two (B) of the three prong plug
+12V ties to an acc wire switched from the key
Ground ties to .....ground.

I clipped the +12 and Gnd to my radio wires since they were right there. Then I just stuffed the 120 ohm, two wire cable through a gromment in the firewall and clipped the two wires on right at the plug. Took all of about 10 minutes.

I can post up more pics if anyone is interested. It may take me a day or two to find the camera again.

4x4dually said:
Then I just stuffed the 120 ohm.
I can post up more pics if anyone is interested. It may take me a day or two to find the camera again.

Is 120 ohm, code langauge for a goat??? :hehe: :hehe: I really need to find some actual work to do around the office...

B.A.Ram said:
Is 120 ohm, code langauge for a goat??? :hehe: :hehe: I really need to find some actual work to do around the office...

No, you wacko, it is the impedance of the cable. If you don't use the correct cable and also put a 120 ohm resistor at the diplay end of the cable run to terminate the bus stub, you will have an impedance mismatch. This can cause reflections and erroneous data. Edge on the other hand just used standard wire and since the length is only about two foot, it may work most of the time. Maybe this explains why the dang juice module is so flaky. I need to investigate and see if they put a termination resistor in their box.

Carry on....

Thats pretty cool Jory, guess that electronics knowledge you have is worth something after all... LOL

...and my old co-worker that now works for them is worth even more! :D

The dang thing will even read "fuel per hour", "torque", "miles", and a whole bunch of other crap, but unfortunetly, the Cummins ECM for this motor only transmitts the basics.

And the boost is 13 PSI higher than the edge display. It needs re-programmed for this motor, but eveything like engine temp, RPM, intake air temp, % throttle, etc is correct.

well If you don't mind me stealing your thunder for a sec. I've got something similiar. Its a scanguage II and plugs into the ODII port. These things are high on the nifty list!!

http://scangauge.com/

Attachments

• Interior2.BMP
    770.1 KB · Views: 277
No room for that...I'm one of those "more gauges than stars" guys...PLUS and MPD monitor with heads up display. LOL

That scan guage is cool and probably cheaper than the Murphy and more geared towards what trucks need. The Murphy gauge is usually set up on generator motors and places where motors are stuck on pumps and stuff like that as the only form of monitoring. I just happened to have one and made it work for fun.

Back