3 inch body lift with stock fan.

AsTroSS

problems start @80 psi
At frist sorry my bad English, I will explain as good as I can.
One picture is equal to 1000 words.:evil

NOTICE: this instructions are for 3 inch bodylift only !!!

When I ordered my body lift kit , this time 2 gen body lift kits were available only for gas trucks. (maybe now they are available for diesel also, I do not knew)

To install this kit is very easy, istructions are clear, but you have to remember they are made for truck with gas engine.!

In passanger side you have to rotate elbow from turbo to intercooler.
In driver side, I cut of approc 2 inch (1.5- 2.0 is oK) from intercooler metal tube (its between intercooler and intake manifold)

With 3 inch body, I thougt its better remove tranny cooler from engine side and to make room for future twins project. (coolant and tranny hose brackets will be added soon :kick:)

Body1.JPG

Now I have plenty of room under hood

Body2.JPG

The biggest disadvantage with this kit, you must cut fan shroud or you must replace stock mechanical fan with set of electric fans.
I have read from Internet, Cummins fan uses 27KW and it pushes aroun 10500cfm, but biggest electric kit is around 5500cfm .
With only 50% of flow and $500+ shipping to Europe , it was too much for me.

I decide to lift fan bearing assembly from block to cyl head, I meade little bit mesuring and it looke possible to do.

Block.JPG

Like you see, only upper bolts will line, lower are way off .

Thanks to Cummins who have created cast iron fan bearig assembly, it was possible to cut off material and cut new bolt holes to accept cyl.head bolt pattern.

Body4.JPG

My biggest questions:
1. will the new bearing location rub with upper radiator hose
2. will the fan fit to new location (body is lifted 3 inch , but fan is now little higher)
3. can I find new and longer fan belt

Body3.JPG

Radiator hose do not contact with fan bearing , fan is in center of shroud and I found new belt. :woohoo:

Original fan belt lenght is 206cm (with AC) and its type: 8PK2055

new belt is 218cm and it type : 8PK2190

Next step : maybe is time to install front bumper ?

Last time I drive my truck in public roads was last year october.:doh:

Seems like a lot of work for a 3" lift...but I can see the benefits when you want to work on the back of the motor. Would make a stud install easier along with injector removal/install(not that its hard) Good write up and pics.

doesn't seem so bad. he also has suspension lift. now he has more lift and the center of gravity isn't as high as it would be if it were pure suspension

doesn't seem so bad. he also has suspension lift. now he has more lift and the center of gravity isn't as high as it would be if it were pure suspension

You are right.

I have total 8 inch lift : 5 inch suspension and 3 inch body lift

I have now 37 inch tires, but 38 and 39 will be also possible without rubbing.

After body lift , I removed my 4 inch exhasut as one long pipe (from turbo to tip) .

The best thing is : now i have lots of room underhood and also rear 2 valve covers are visible

I'm comparing it to the only body lift I've ever done...on a 1993 Ranger 4x4. That was easy, lol

Back