Difference between .022,.024, and 191 delivery valves

tony597fitter

Tax Payer
I have been reading about delivery valves all evening.

I wanted to know what is mainly the difference between the .022 and .024 delivery valves.

I found a post on here stating DDPs DVs are the .024s. Not sure though. DDP claims they are less smokey than 191s and have less egts, is this true?

PDR carries 2 different sets of delivery valves, taper cuts and high flows. What are these?

Which ones are bigger? .022s or .024s?

I am thinking of trying out a set of delivery valves with the new turbo just for sh!ts and giggles.

as far as I know they are basically 20 hp steps meaning that 191 would be small,then 022,024 then full cuts.Someone told me that full cuts are 100 hp over stock,or that they can make that much fuel,obviously you need the right setup

I'm running a set of .024's from DDP and I like them. A little warmer then the 181's. Where I used to bark the tires forcing lock up in drive, I can now haze the tires for a long time!!! Need to rework the AFC housing to get more smoke control. Blip the throttle and it will cloud quick. Lon

I know this doesn't answer your question, but just for reference I can't clean up my .022's even with 60 psi of boost. They push some serious fuel compared to my 181's that I could almost clean up.

.022s are bigger than 024s
I think 191s are .030
181=.086
131=.078

The number refers to the shoulder measurement. The smaller the shoulder the more fuel is the idea. As for the power gains, I'm not sure if there is any proven differences

.022s are bigger than 024s
I think 191s are .030
181=.086
131=.078

The number refers to the shoulder measurement. The smaller the shoulder the more fuel is the idea. As for the power gains, I'm not sure if there is any proven differences
There are measurable differences. Stock, dyno'd 179RWHP, full cuts, 377RWHP.

198hp from delivery valves alone? :what:

Where do the others supposedly fall in place?

I switched from full cuts to 191's and didn't notice any differance in power. Smoke is easier to control and temps are down about 250*. I only lost about 5 lbs boost. So driving on the street with full cuts, 64lbs boost, 1756 egt, lots of smoke. 191's, 59 lbs boost, 1493 egt and still rolls smoke on accell, but driving normal pretty clean and cleaner on wide open run. The numbers come from the bd xmonitor that stores max numbers. So far i actually like the 191's more than the full's. I dont know anything about the others numbers. Tim

Similar to IllinoisRam....

I went from full-cuts to 191s and saw nearly no difference on dynojet hp/tq or dragstrip timeslips. My truck has been on a dyno 6 different times (5 'jets and 1 'flow) since twins and injectors.. highest hp was "Spring Fling 07" with 549.5hp with the full cuts.. and highest torque was made with 191s this past March down on TNT's dyno.. 1088 ft lbs. My sole reason for downsizing DVs was that my truck (with a tight converter) did not like to idle in gear.. Drop in reverse or drive and you nearly had to have both feet ready to two-foot the thing to keep it running.. I think it's just a 180 pump thing.

The only real difference I noticed from downsizing (besides idle quality), is i lost 15-20 psi of boost at full throttle. I've proved the power is still there. EGTs still burry my 1500* Isspro with no problem. Twins are a small, non-gated set.. obviously very choked at top-end. Hybrid 35/40/16cm over 3B/26cm.

That was with upgraded turbo...

Interesting...Any other details on the setup?

It seems from what I've read that upgraded delivery valves are either a great benefit or no make no difference depending on who you talk to. I'm slightly hesitant to compare full cuts to the other common choices for their atomization properties. But what is they key to getting power out of a set of delivery valves? Lots of air?

:pop:

I can't remember what series of B1 turbo it was. Otherwise the pump+engine were stock.

Im am in the process of finding a large innercooler so i can go back to my full cuts. Boost in HP when you hear 5 psi was lost or 15-20 psi was lost that is some serious fuel and power in one of these engines. 5 psi could easiely be 50hp in a moddifyed 5.9. I just simply cant use them with my setup... too hot.

Im am in the process of finding a large innercooler so i can go back to my full cuts. Boost in HP when you hear 5 psi was lost or 15-20 psi was lost that is some serious fuel and power in one of these engines. 5 psi could easiely be 50hp in a moddifyed 5.9. I just simply cant use them with my setup... too hot.

You might want to talk to Smokem, he has some delivery valves that might help your problem. A guy around here has them and loves them.

Similar to IllinoisRam....

I went from full-cuts to 191s and saw nearly no difference on dynojet hp/tq or dragstrip timeslips. My truck has been on a dyno 6 different times (5 'jets and 1 'flow) since twins and injectors.. highest hp was "Spring Fling 07" with 549.5hp with the full cuts.. and highest torque was made with 191s this past March down on TNT's dyno.. 1088 ft lbs. My sole reason for downsizing DVs was that my truck (with a tight converter) did not like to idle in gear.. Drop in reverse or drive and you nearly had to have both feet ready to two-foot the thing to keep it running.. I think it's just a 180 pump thing.

The only real difference I noticed from downsizing (besides idle quality), is i lost 15-20 psi of boost at full throttle. I've proved the power is still there. EGTs still burry my 1500* Isspro with no problem. Twins are a small, non-gated set.. obviously very choked at top-end. Hybrid 35/40/16cm over 3B/26cm.

Dropping 20 psi is a bunch, you were spinning the heck out of that 35 I bet! I think with gates and/or some more air you would have seen more power with the full cuts. But the smoke and egts might not have been worth it.

I've always been low on power for the mods i've had, but I'm close enough to my goal that some DV's should get me there.. For me it seems to be between the 191's and the 024's from Lenny, just not sure which to go with. I don't need to run my turbo's any harder then they already are. 54 psi is all i want on my non o ringed head and small twin setup..

For street I liked 191's.........No Help Im Sorry.
Weston :bang.
Brandon

how about what you guys have for setup and what you've hit on the dyno? (For your street setup)

with the stock DV's, BD twins, Lenny's 3's and a 5 plate that finishes off like a 100 I've only managed 460/944.. The goal is 500/1000. It's not an impressive number. But it works great as a DD/Tow rig and is pretty clean.

how about what you guys have for setup and what you've hit on the dyno? (For your street setup)

with the stock DV's, BD twins, Lenny's 3's and a 5 plate that finishes off like a 100 I've only managed 460/944.. The goal is 500/1000. It's not an impressive number. But it works great as a DD/Tow rig and is pretty clean.

Sorry never been on the rollers........No Help Again.
Brandon

Back