33 mpg

crabbelle

Banned
so after installing new ddp 2 injectors and a tonneau clover along with other stuff in my sig. hang caculated 33 mpg:rockwoot: thats 5mpg increase than before injectors and the cover. thats driving 70mph and higher and a few city miles. what is everybodies take on propane for mpg helper not performance. i can get propane for free. so the only cost is the startup

For MPG increase, it works, if you aren't spending the same money on the propane, but since you are getting your's free :D

Congrats!

No offense, but until I see it, I won't believe it. I can believe 25. But not 33. Not with those mods.

I'd say 40-50mpg with propane with your current mods.

next year ill bring it to ts or maybe one of the bigger events this year to take who ever for a ride. but i dont take offense for not believing me. maybe by then ill see 40

Post a pic of your sweet airdam Crabbelle and tire size.

A stock truck with no mods will get 23-24.

Your sweet air dam and tranny makes up for alot of it.

at your request and tire size is 235/85/16 basiclly a dually tire

Attachments

• bumper.jpg
    bumper.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 503
BTW I think what you are doing is possible. I believe it but I think you might be at the limit.

same here, im going to try and use a little drugs now, propane, and see what i get. if i can have it start feeding around 2 psi of boost i should pick up something. i just need to know how much and what size nozzle

There was a magazine that did a write up on something similar. I think the most they were able to get was 27 or so. That was with the mirrors folded back, tape on all the body gaps, cardboard on the grill.

Are you running stock size tires? Have you verified your odometer is working correctly?

im running a little taller tire than stock and my speedometer is 1 mph off from my gps. from what i and a few others have calculated i times my odometer by 1.05 which is usually about 50 miles

It could be possible, but I would think you would really have to be careful. Any amount of boost and your mileage could go out the window. I know when I keep my trucks under 55, 22 MPG is no problem.

you guys have to under stand as well that he has a 8 speed in this truck due to the gear vendors over drive.

Back