24 valve hd springs

smokingoat04

Not real sure
On a 24 valve will 110lb springs be ok for 4000 rpm's, the one's i'm referring to are from hamilton diesel. Thanks

Those should be perfect since the stock are 60 lbers. The key is actually the retainers/keepers I think, not really the springs. Not sure though, mine are still stock for now.

What is the thought on when stronger valve springs are needed???

What is the thought on when stronger valve springs are needed???

I consider anything over 4k to look into replacement but that also depends on setup. Combustion pressure is the main thing so nitrous and other additives will see failure or the "ghost hand" before fual alone. This is also a tricky statement considering not very many VPs run over 4k.

If I was spining over 3500rpm I would be installing valve springs preferebly F1 Sportsman Springs

Stock springs have 78-82 lbs of seat pressure, not 60lbs. F-1 springs are good but they only have around 12lbs more seat pressure. Not much of an improvement. Just changing the retainers will not do much for you. You need to stiffen up the valvetrain not just make it lighter. The 110lbs springs have been run to 5800rpm with stock retainers and locks. 4000 is a piece of cake. Most people are going to tell you to buy whichever spring they sell, not whichever is best for your combo...... of course. Instead of opinions, do the math look at quality and price, and then buy the set that works best for you! You might talk to Olee Poole with Power by Poole, I believe he sells and uses both F-1 and HD springs hopefully he can give you an unbiased opinion.
zach

Last edited:
At least one manufacturer stepped up and went directly to the source for springs Hamilton, that says alot for character. If anyone knew anything about the first Sportsman springs, they would sure see mirrors. Consumers have been protected from the truth for the sake of profits. Those who are afraid to ask, or seek truth get the wool over the eyes treatment. Those who invest in better products, get shut down because of others ignorance. It is hard to invest in a market driven by lack of intelligence and information. You want the best spring on the market right now, get Hamilton Diesel springs. they have made an investment and done their homework. You want a spring designed for another application and reboxed, well you can get those somewhere else.

At least one manufacturer stepped up and went directly to the source for springs Hamilton, that says alot for character. If anyone knew anything about the first Sportsman springs, they would sure see mirrors. Consumers have been protected from the truth for the sake of profits. Those who are afraid to ask, or seek truth get the wool over the eyes treatment. Those who invest in better products, get shut down because of others ignorance. It is hard to invest in a market driven by lack of intelligence and information. You want the best spring on the market right now, get Hamilton Diesel springs. they have made an investment and done their homework. You want a spring designed for another application and reboxed, well you can get those somewhere else.

Whats the difference between your springs and Hamiltons?

i run hamilton 110's in my 24v with stock retainers etc to nearly 4100rpms every time I pull. no valve float or any other negative effect so far.

great to hear, i have a set of 110lb hamilton springs, but didn't know if i should get rid of them for f-1 sportsmans or not. just wish the common rail would turn 5,000 rpms

Hey Don, A little side note. I noticed your prices on springs are finally coming down due to competition. How low are you willing to go? $550 for the same spring that wicked sells for $435 hardly seems fair to the hard working folks that build these trucks, don't you think? Is your packaging really that much nicer? Just wandering. And you only have 12lbs more seat pressure than the factory spring. What gives? In fact I'm thinking about coming out with a line of generic parts that are slightly better than factory. Does f-2 sound good. I could sell them for 250 bucks. Then these good ole boys would get what they paid for!

Last edited:
or you could buy your springs or (performance parts ):hehe: from hamilton diesel and really get the shaft on pricing and crappy parts

Hey Don, A little side note. I noticed your prices on springs are finally coming down due to competition. How low are you willing to go? $550 for the same spring that wicked sells for $435 hardly seems fair to the hard working folks that build these trucks, don't you think? Is your packaging really that much nicer? Just wandering. And you only have 12lbs more seat pressure than the factory spring. What gives? In fact I'm thinking about coming out with a line of generic parts that are slightly better than factory. Does f-2 sound good. I could sell them for 250 bucks. Then these good ole boys would get what they paid for!

If only you knew...... :bang

Latina f350, jet pilot, if your are gonna trash me please use real data to do so, I am getting tired of you blowing smoke.

Latina f350, jet pilot, if your are gonna trash me please use real data to do so, I am getting tired of you blowing smoke.

Do a little research and you will find the difference in the F1 springs and others. Nobody is trashing you, just stating you should get the facts straight.

The research has been done 93lbs of seat pressure with an antiquated straight spring v.s. 110lbs seat pressure with a beehive design. It is fairly cut and dry! How is the F-1 spring better?

The HD springs I installed in my CR are the 110's. On the package it says from stock to 4500 rpm. I run mine at 4000 on the drag strip.

I have F1 springs on my puller and Greg's 115 Doubles on my auto truck - can't say anything bad about either. They have both been trouble free and have performed well.

i got mine from greely automotive machine there 110 lb behive springs and i have had the truck to 4200 rpm with no valve float.

Back