Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 2007.5-2013 6.7L
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 06:02 PM   #1
baddodges

Name: baddodges
Title: operator
Member`s Gallery
check enginne light in my 6.7

hey ive been on ither websites like this but this one has a hell of allot more people in it. i own a o7.5 megacab with the 6.7 with 13,000mi the last few months the dang check engine will come on and stay on i do a system check and it says system ok its done this a few times , i had a 02 sensor changed is it possible for it to go out this soon, or could it be a prob woth the stupid dpf.is a delete kit worth it and is it easy to install.any advice would be helpful thanks. p.s how can i reset or clear the check engine light.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:06 PM   #2
Billysgoat

Name: Billysgoat
Title: The ANTI-BLING!
Member`s Gallery
Welcome to the site!

I moved this to the correct tech area, think you'll get a few more responses here, carry on

03 Dog, named Clifford, to heavy to be fast.
11 335D, the grin machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
I was there & I herd Heath say.........."LET GO OF MY EARS, I KNOW WHAT I`M DOING"

BTB,BBB

Old 09-27-2008, 09:23 PM   #3
Stock Ram

Name: Stock Ram
Title: Haulin' Grass
Member`s Gallery
Just the beginning my friend, just the beginning...........

Old 09-27-2008, 10:26 PM   #4
baddodges

Member`s Gallery
hey semper fi my man my bro is a four year vet

Old 09-27-2008, 10:28 PM   #5
baddodges

Member`s Gallery
sory i goofed my son is also enlisted to go in next summer.god bless our servicemen.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:18 AM   #6
DieselLady

Name: DieselLady
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddodges View Post
hey ive been on ither websites like this but this one has a hell of allot more people in it. i own a o7.5 megacab with the 6.7 with 13,000mi the last few months the dang check engine will come on and stay on i do a system check and it says system ok its done this a few times , i had a 02 sensor changed is it possible for it to go out this soon, or could it be a prob woth the stupid dpf.is a delete kit worth it and is it easy to install.any advice would be helpful thanks. p.s how can i reset or clear the check engine light.
Usually if you can find an Auto Zone they can read and clear codes. Try turning the Key on and off three times the code should come up in the odometer. YES YES YES the deletes are worth it. Can't express how much better the truck will run when done. Better fuel econ too. and with the EGR blocked you will have nice clean oil too..
This truck ROCKS now!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 09:28 AM   #7
THATpreston

Name: THATpreston
Title: Brush your teeth.
Member`s Gallery
You didn't say if you have a box on the truck?

2006 Dodge Mega Cab Dually - "MOBYDK"
Diesel Performance Converters ~ Pro Street Diesel ~ MCN Diesel

CompD Mod White Dodge Club, member #1.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:36 AM   #8
DieselLady

Name: DieselLady
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Oops, Sorry, I need to update the sig. Yes, I run the Juice with Att. Usually I keep it on the #3 level. Also I have noticed that my fuel economy has really leveled off. I have just turned over 20k miles and it doesn't seem to matter if I am playing around town or taking it easy. It would get 9 around town when new. After EGR delete it gets about 11. I don't use the over head either. I do the math. On highway I went from 13.5 to a Solid 16 after doing the deletes.
I know it is a tough decision for most due to warrantee issues. But after experiencing the difference in performance and every time I pull the dipstick and see how much cleaner the oil is I know it will make this truck last a lot longer. I will reinstall all my exhaust when it comes time for testing. Well worth the time and money saved.
This truck ROCKS now!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 11:20 PM   #9
dodgecwbymt1973

Name: dodgecwbymt1973
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
thier is a G30 recall that replaces a bad sensor on these trucks have you had that recall done yet? if so you may want to check into that, thats what was causing my truck to do the same thing.
2007.5 6.7 2500 heavy duty auto trans. mp-8 and the edge juice with monitor. afe stage 2 dry intake. onboard leveling system and airbags in the rear, and hellwig 3500 overload springs. Garmin 760 GPS and Siruis radio 285 70 17 BFG All terrains, with 4.10's

Closed Thread