p7100 pump timing

cumins01

just did a conversion on my 24 valve and was going to set the pump to 20*. need to know the thread or if anyone has the specs in relation to timing. (degrees to mm of dial indicator travel)

Thanks so much if anything PM me :Cheer:

timingchart.jpg

nice chart, that should be in a sticky if it isnt already. prolly help a lot of people out

I have my 24 valve p pump set at 19 degrees now. I had it all over the place and couldnt ever get it to run right. Finally took it to schied and it runs like a rapped ape now.

p7100 timing

Running a full bore 98 913 pump set up at cds. is the chart anywhere out there to look at? was told to set it at 18*-20* of timing and I was going to split it and go 19*.

running 6x13 injectors, .093 lines and tubes any suggestion on timing? 19 sound fine? is the 5.5 in the chart above 5.5mm of travel? thanks again.

19 sounds fine. 5.5 is the lift measurement on the plunger in relation to timing.

19 sounds fine. 5.5 is the lift measurement on the plunger in relation to timing.

That would be for a 180 pump. He said he has a 913, 215hp, so he'd be looking at 6.1 for 19 degrees. Unless CDS put in a different cam.

running 6x13 injectors, .093 lines and tubes any suggestion on timing? 19 sound fine? is the 5.5 in the chart above 5.5mm of travel? thanks again.

I was just responding to his two questions here Yes 19 would be fine for what he wants and 5.5mm is plunger lift not rack travel. I dont do the plunger lift method so i have no idea on actual numbers. I just tdc my motor and have a shop set the pump timing and i can change my timing from there according to the degree marks on the balancer. LOL Tim

p7100 timing

6.1mm a good start? I am doing the plunger method is there another method that is better?

Back