electric kill switch 2005 dodge

is there not a main fuse on the fuse block that you could kill?? That's what's usually done on the GM trucks.

Sure don't see you on here much...

There should be a fuse for the ECM, I have an 03 and I use the fuse that says.. Ignition unlock run-start.

Just wire a relay between that, but run off of 87a instead of 87(leave 87 open. When the kill is activated it will switch power from 87a to 87 and kill the motor.

There should be a fuse for the ECM, I have an 03 and I use the fuse that says.. Ignition unlock run-start.

Just wire a relay between that, but run off of 87a instead of 87(leave 87 open. When the kill is activated it will switch power from 87a to 87 and kill the motor.

Good info, thanks.

-jp

There is a red wire that runs fron the fuse pannel. Next to the battery splice it and connect it to the relay and run the ground circut to the back of the and back to the battery and use a trailer breakaway only the 2 wire break away will work I woll post some pictures later

the blue part is the fuse link its red and blue
IMG_0689.jpg
IMG_0690.jpg
IMG_0698.jpg

ok, that kind confused me on wiring it up. Can you draw a circuit diagram and post it for us. This will work on an 04.5 too, right?

There is five terminals on ur standard relay. 85,86,30,87,87a.
85 connect straight to battery
86 connet to ground. On the battery I used a extension cord but loop the circut through the breakaway box
30 connects to the fuse link wire
87a conect to the other side of the fuse link and
87 is not used so when u pull the kill out power switches from 87a to 87 which is dead. I made a jumper connector so when I am not pullin. Its disabled I just looped the fuse link

This will be good I ripped my hitch in two last year and took off from sled. Kind of a scary feeling of anticipation of what broke. This should stop the truck quicker than brakes did.

I have one my Dad made me. Its 1/4" 2x2 for reciever with solid 2x2 for the up/down with holes every 2" with two clevis's welded together one straight one at a slight angle to help make height at different levels of blocks. The weld stayed in place but ripped the metal about 1/4" before welded area. I have video of it and pictures but can't post right now.

I just tapped one of the fuses with a two wire cable and ran it to the back. I will look tonite to see which fuse it was

There is five terminals on ur standard relay. 85,86,30,87,87a.
85 connect straight to battery
86 connet to ground. On the battery I used a extension cord but loop the circut through the breakaway box
30 connects to the fuse link wire
87a conect to the other side of the fuse link and
87 is not used so when u pull the kill out power switches from 87a to 87 which is dead. I made a jumper connector so when I am not pullin. Its disabled I just looped the fuse link

Thanks abunch!!!!

The only thing about runnin a power wire all the way down the frame is it could. Start electrical problems that's why I used a ground circut

Back