24v p-pump/chevy swap HELP!!

BigDctd

Fuel her till she Blow!!
well Im in the middle of a swap i am putting a 01 cummins motor that i am p-pumping, into a a solid axled 94 chev! :bang questions out the ass. honestly i dont know a dang thing about p pumps yet im still trying to learn.

do i even need the ecm since im putting it in a chev?

i understand how to make some of the gauges work. but how would i make the tach work? and what do i do with the other origanal efi wiring so my check engine is not on?

gm or dodge alternator?

and another question speedo? im am putting a nv4500 in with a np205 t case?

sorry if this sounds dumb im good at fab but not electrical! im sure ill have alot more questions in the next week or so. motor will be in the truck the end of the week.

and advice, tips, or pics, would be awsome!!!

thanks guy

if you have as many dodge and chevy parts as possible the better off you are. like the accessory drive off the 24v keep it all... it can also work your vacuum brakes with the power steering pump/vacuum pump. your ecm on the truck drives transmission and speedo. i havent figured out how exactly for my app as its electronic. just get all new mechanical gauges and it gets a lot easier

Was your donor chevy a gasser or a diesel?

To make the gauges work note all the connectors and what senders they go to on your original motor. Put the GM senders in the Cummins in the corresponding locations. You'll prolly have to use adapters but, then all you'll have to do is plug them back in.

If your Chevy was a diesel use the Dodge alternator have it tapped for a tach pick-up and converterd to a 1 wire set-up. Any alternator shop can do that.

Dont know what your plans are but I'd think twice about the 205 behind a diesel.

if it was a 6.5l you could use the gm alt. and youll have a tach signal but you have to make brackets. about the Check engine light you just pluck the bulb out. its not like its gonna tell you much.

Joe

it had a gasser in it. the reason behind the 205 t case is im running a chevy front axle which the diff is on the pass side.

and the speedo?? it was an auto now im going to use the nv out of a dodge. so if i were to go mechanical i wouldn't be able to use the factory guage right? but thinking that is probably the only way it will work?

and why not the np205 i was under the impression they were strong as hell?

Dakota digital makes a speedo signal adapter if you dont have a chevy sending unit pn# sgi5 I used it for the speedo in the 94.
Since its a gas for the tach you will need a diesel signal generator also from Dakota Digital then use which ever alt you prefer.

if you do the dodge alt like they said you wont have to build any brackets but will have to find a way to calibrate your tach. you should be able to get a gm speedo sensor to work cause i believe my 94 4x4 has the 205 case and i am still using it with no issues.

Back