Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 06:33 AM   #1
SWALLDOG

Name: SWALLDOG
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
new header w twins!

so after a week of working on my truck and getting it handed to me i finally got it all together. just thought i would share.
so i got a new header from a member off the cummins forum for a sweet deal. i wasent really in the market for it but it was a good deal. well i got it a week before the industrial injection dyno event and thought i could have it on by then.
Click the image to open in full size.

so i get the truck all taken apart and find out that the header does not fit when ya flip it upside down. the tubes hit the mount for the engine oil filter! which is why i prolly havent seen any of these headers upside down for twins. guess i didnet get the memo.

well i figured that i could make it work. little modifications here and there, some cutting, some welding and we would be good to go. turned out to be a little more than that. and on top of that when i took it all apart found out that my waste gate port on my top turbo was all cracked up. which is why it was takin forever to spool up. but thats a whole other story all together.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:33 AM   #2
SWALLDOG

Member`s Gallery
so my plan was to cut the foot off that the oil filter screwed on to and weld some -8 AN bungs on for a remote mount oil filter. i just happend to have a remote oil filter laying around from another project. so i got the foot cut off and got it all welded up. one of the stock turbo oil feed line ports was still there and the other one would come out the front where the disc was welded on.

got it all done, took some pics thinkin it was pretty slick. well went to bolt it on and it still dident fit! so i started cutting some more and more and more and more and by the time i had cut enough to get it to fit there was nothing left on the left side! i was about ready to throw in the towel and put my ats manifold back on. well after takin a break and havin a soda i came up with a new plan. it was simple and i dont know why i didnet think of it from the start. take the whole left side off and move it to the bottom cuz that where the oil goes anyways! so this is how it ended up turning out.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:34 AM   #3
SWALLDOG

Member`s Gallery
seemed to work out pretty slick. only drove it around for a day. down and back to the industrial injection dyno event. gives me alot more room for the air filter tube without that oil filter in the way. i liked that. it does have an oil leak and it seems to be coming from the gasket behind the aluminum plate that i modified. which does not suprise me cuz i took that plate on and off like ten times trying to get it to fit. anyways thats my story.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:35 AM   #4
UNBROKEN

Name: UNBROKEN
Title: Ezekiel 25:17
Member`s Gallery
You shouldda asked first....there's a couple of threads here about the Poly Dyn header not fitting when flipped.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:42 AM   #5
SWALLDOG

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNBROKEN View Post
You shouldda asked first....there's a couple of threads here about the Poly Dyn header not fitting when flipped.
yeah i prolly should have looked in to it more before i got the header, but now that is done i'm happy with it. i wanted to put a remote oil filter on anyways for more room down there and i want to install a by-pass flilter with the regular oil filter.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:47 AM   #6
TMONEYDIESEL

Name: TMONEYDIESEL
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Very nice!! I like how you did those oil lines

YOUR SOURCE FOR:
Camshafts
Pushrods
Valve springs
Custom Turbos
Exhaust Manifolds
Carrillo Connecting rods

Old 08-16-2009, 07:02 AM   #7
SWALLDOG

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMONEYDIESEL View Post
Very nice!! I like how you did those oil lines
thanks man, it really just made alot more room for every thing. the turbo oil feed lines are a bit longer that normal, ones 25" and the other 30" i think, but it all seems to be workin just fine.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:05 AM   #8
TMONEYDIESEL

Member`s Gallery
Yea it looks real good, always nice when you take a minute to step back and try and solve a problem and you actually find a solution! where did you mount your remote filter?

YOUR SOURCE FOR:
Camshafts
Pushrods
Valve springs
Custom Turbos
Exhaust Manifolds
Carrillo Connecting rods

Old 08-16-2009, 07:13 AM   #9
NEVRNF

Name: NEVRNF
Member`s Gallery
I wounder if This Would clear the header?
02 Ford Excursion 03 5.9 CR conversion, F1 cam, springs & stg II sticks, ATS Dual Cp3, Floor it pump kit, Air Dog, Garrett stg3 from Turbo Re-Source, BTS trans, Destroked Adapters, PCS Trans Controller, Hypermax Intercooler,EFI Live by Cummins Tuner, 8 lift and 38" tires

Old 08-16-2009, 07:17 AM   #10
cashwheel

Name: cashwheel
Title: bolt on warrior
Member`s Gallery
Nice job

'04 Dodge dually 555 NV5600 4x4
- 62/65/12, Opie's MITUSA, tuning by CT Performance, Hamilton Cams 110# springs, gauges by Speedhut, rolling on "almost dubs" ---SOLD

New one - '08 Dodge QC SWB 4X4 Auto. Stock

Old 08-16-2009, 07:23 AM   #11
TMONEYDIESEL

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVRNF View Post
I wounder if This Would clear the header?
Perfect!

YOUR SOURCE FOR:
Camshafts
Pushrods
Valve springs
Custom Turbos
Exhaust Manifolds
Carrillo Connecting rods

Old 08-16-2009, 07:54 AM   #12
9 LIVES

Name: 9 LIVES
Title: Demolition Expert
Member`s Gallery
damn someone can weld pretty nice!

Heads I win, tails you lose....
-Lee-

Old 08-16-2009, 12:05 PM   #13
Scooter's Roofing

Name: Scooter's Roofing
Member`s Gallery
you can heat up the primary and dimple it to clear... doesn't take much actually

Old 08-16-2009, 12:06 PM   #14
Scooter's Roofing

Member`s Gallery
meanwhile... that's slick. Been talking about doing something like that too, just don't have the aluminum welding skillz

Old 08-16-2009, 12:41 PM   #15
shiftycapone

Name: shiftycapone
Title: wandering the desert
Member`s Gallery
Get some pics of th twins on as well! Welds look great btw

1990 d250 12v

Old 08-16-2009, 12:43 PM   #16
sdubfid

Name: sdubfid
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Results from the header? egts? boost levels? response?

Thanks

Old 08-16-2009, 12:57 PM   #17
Scooter's Roofing

Member`s Gallery
I love my header

Old 08-16-2009, 08:02 PM   #18
SWALLDOG

Member`s Gallery
hey thats for all the input and coments guys. NEVRNF that remote mount by de-stroked is sick! was thinkin about later machining a whole new piece. i just cut and welded that one i have like 3 times before i got it to fit and i dont want it to give out on me when i'm out on some road trip in the middle of nowhere. maybe i'll just get one frome de-stroked then i dont have to spend the time machining one.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:15 PM   #19
SWALLDOG

Member`s Gallery
so for results i dont know yet. it was kinda geto riged so i could drive it to II dyno event and now its all taken apart again. when i pulled it apart i found that the 14cm banks exh housing on my wh1c was cracked up pretty bad. so i put my hx35 in its place. i think its going to work pretty sweet cuz the waste gate on the 35 is biger than the wh1c. only problem was the waste gate actuator on the 35 mounts to the compressor housing and when i indexed it for the twins it would not line up. i'm going to build a mount for it on the exh housing like on the wh1c but for the weekend i just wired the waste gate shut and just took it easy why driving. prolly should just get a 62 for the top anyways

when i get it all back together i'll take some pics and let ya all know how she works out. i'm pretty excited about it.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:16 PM   #20
SINNER

Name: SINNER
Title: BallSoHard U
Member`s Gallery
I have the destroked kit laying in my shop. I got it a few months ago. Damb nice kit. Scott even machines the remote housing. Uses 10an lines also for plenty of flow. I will have to take some pics. The quality is really top notch.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...

Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Closed Thread