Injectors again

inline6359

Microwaving cats since 01
This will be the 2nd time i have had my new stage 2 injectors out and they are still leaking.:doh: What gives, i tightened, retightened, checked and rechecked and they still leak!!! It is hard to tell if it is the injector hold down nut, the fuel line nut or the return line nut. I am getting to the point of actuall considering new fuel lines! Any help would be appriciated.

rcik

You know now that you mention it I did mine I had a real hard time getting mine to stop leaking too?? I didn't think much of it? I wonder if there somthing wrong here?? I have to pull mine over the weekend to change the washer,hope they don't leak...

With new washers I had a hellava time getting my returns to stop leaking. Inline6359, are you using the return washers that were supplied? I finally tightened them soo tight I thought they would break but thats what it took.

inline6359 said:
This will be the 2nd time i have had my new stage 2 injectors out and they are still leaking.:doh: What gives, i tightened, retightened, checked and rechecked and they still leak!!! It is hard to tell if it is the injector hold down nut, the fuel line nut or the return line nut. I am getting to the point of actuall considering new fuel lines! Any help would be appriciated.

rcik
This same thing is happening to me. The injector on #4 cylinder started leaking a couple of weeks after the install.
I re-torqued all the injector hold down nuts. Thought that cylinder 2 & 3 started leaking but as of today they are dry. What I thought was a leak on 2 & 3 was probably fuel that dripped from the injector line when re-installing. The injector that was leaking is on cylinder 4 as of today it is still leaking even after tightning the return line washer some more but now there is another problem. I can hear and feel a compression (air) leak and the leak is from #6. The leak is coming from the injector line nut or this is where it seems to be coming from. I first checked to make sure that there was not any high pressure diesel with this leak then I put my hand above the injector and I can feel the compression leak. I ran my fingers down to the return line and I can feel just a little leak but when I get to the top of injector line nut that is where the leak is the strongest. I made sure that my work area was very clean when I pulled the lines but I wonder if something is wrong with the end of the line or the compression fitting that goes to the injector. I guess I could buy a new line. What started this whole thing was a ticking noise which turned out to be this compression leak that appeared out of no where and that is when I found the leaking injector. Does anyone have any ideas on the compression air leak and a possible fix? Could I have hurt the compression area of the injector line?

I would check the torque specs on the line and make sure it is tight enoough mine leaked a bit after changing until I went back and retorqued them again.

Schoust said:
I would check the torque specs on the line and make sure it is tight enoough mine leaked a bit after changing until I went back and retorqued them again.
I don't recall a torque on the injector line nut, but on the injector hold down nut it is 35# according to the directions. I still wonder about the compressed air pulses that I am feeling at #6 injector.

Back