P-Pump 24v HELP???

BigDctd

Fuel her till she Blow!!
ok ready to fire up the chevy!! i know i have 20lbs to the IP pump and when i crank it im not even getting a drizzle out if the pump! questions im running a manual shutoff. is pulling the shutoff up on?? and i didn't have a bango that regs the fuel on the return side so i just put a regular one in will that be causing my problem? is there a way to prime this pig? and also i see alot of guys tee of of the power steering/vac pump for oil, can i just pull one of the plugs just to the right of that one out of the block and oil from there? im so ready to drive this thing any help would be awsome thank!!

Up can be off or on...all depends which direction the lever is attached. Turn the fuel shut-off shaft counter-clockwise as far as it travels to start the engine, turn it clockwise against the stop to stop the engine.

that's what i thought, but this thing isnt pumping fuel im just hoping i don't have a bad pump, so im trying to try everything or see if im missing anything first

ok ready to fire up the chevy!! i know i have 20lbs to the IP pump and when i crank it im not even getting a drizzle out if the pump! questions im running a manual shutoff. is pulling the shutoff up on?? and i didn't have a bango that regs the fuel on the return side so i just put a regular one in will that be causing my problem? is there a way to prime this pig? and also i see alot of guys tee of of the power steering/vac pump for oil, can i just pull one of the plugs just to the right of that one out of the block and oil from there? im so ready to drive this thing any help would be awsome thank!!

if you don't have a restriction on the return side of the pump, I wouldn't think it would build any reasonable pressure in the pump?

Also, for the oil line, you can remove the plug on any of the cam galley ports and use it for your oil supply to the pump.

would that bango on the return that restricts it be the same as on a vp? i have one for vp.

40psi? is that what your running with your p-pumps? i haven't shimmed or replaced the spring in the airdog yet so im only getting 20psi but i figured that would at least be enough to fire this thing up?

Put the VP overflow valve in it. It might not be right (then again, it might be), but atleast it'll provide a restriction to increase the pressure.

When I set up my conversion, I removed the overflow valve and it worked fine, also I started out at 40+psi to the p-pump and it was too much. I am currently running 28 psi and have found significant gains.

Ill give it a try tonight. I figured if be at least getting a little something out of it but she's dry as a bone! Thanks for the help guys ill keep ya posted

When I set up my conversion, I removed the overflow valve and it worked fine, also I started out at 40+psi to the p-pump and it was too much. I am currently running 28 psi and have found significant gains.

LOL

Back