Yet another way of controlling HE351VE

12valve

Diesel Boy
Drive pressure forces the vane collar open, a spring returns it to a set position.
VIDEO

Seems to work just as good as a wastegate actuator... but easier and cheaper

So as drive builds up the collar just opens up? Are you worried about it sticking? Other than that cool, you just made this real easy lol

Thanks.

Yeah if it would stick it prolly wouldn't open anymore or stay open..
Umm I've used it for some time now and it's still not sticking! If it does I'll just take the centersection out of the exh housing and clean it like I did when I got the turbo. (then it was stuck)

do you think that its possible to also get the exhaust brake feature with this setup?

How are your pressures working out and do you think the shaft will hold up?

Need info on that spring, tractor supply?

That is just stupid simple, makes me feel bad. To help keep the vanes clear I would just carry a wrench or glove and cycle them everytime you stop for fuel. Should help some.

Need info on that spring, tractor supply?

That is just stupid simple, makes me feel bad. To help keep the vanes clear I would just carry a wrench or glove and cycle them everytime you stop for fuel. Should help some.

I do that from time to time by hand on my 451 to see how free it is... Otherwise I can do it from the cab with my linear actuator :Cheer:

12valve, that really is a ridiculously simple set up :clap:

I haven't tested drive pressure but boost I have seen max 37 psi.
I'm now a little worried bout the shafts, since I've seen one blow up.

It's an universal spring from the harware store. At first I had it too loose and it opened around 5 psi! I guess from 10-20 is working well, I guess you just gotta play with it till you find a sweet spot.

I've been thinking about making an adjustable stop, vacum operated for the exh brake to function but not sure how yet..

Roachie what did you end up doing with turbos on your truck? Haven't been much on here lately..

Last edited:
That one setup I made is going on Atchley's truck whenever he gets some bolts. (been waiting on him to get them since november)

My triples are using one on the manifold as a secondary, it will be getting a Fleece controller. Waiting on flanges for that one.

Back