Need Tranny Help!(no not that kind lol)

Deezel Dog

as it says... Here is what happened. last year i ordered a TFOD JR Shift Kit from TransGo. waited and waited, and never got around to it. So finally i found a valve body on ebay for 40 bucks. I bought it and figured i would put the shift kit in that one, so that way if i mess up i still have the one in my truck. well today after work i put the shift kit in the one i bought. went in easy, all is well. So then i guess i got a little antsy and wanted to put it in. So i run to NAPA and got the fluid and filter. This is where it gets tricky. Taking the old one out wasnt that bad, the linkage on top had me going for a minute, but i got through it. So i had to put a few things off my valve body onto the new one. the sensors and solenoids. got everything bolted back together, put some fluid in her and took it for a spin... here is where i need the help.. it takes off SLOW and it sounds like it should be going.. 2200rpms when taking off doesnt do anything. So i leave work and start driving and its okay, i hit 30-40ish and realize its not shifting at all. so i drove home at 55mph and 2300rpms. not good. So why isnt it shifting and staying in first gear?? and why is it taking off so slow?? anybody.... bueller, bueller?

You are stuck in 2cnd or 3rd gear, it's not shifting (obviously) out of that gear atall. Check your linkages, but I'll bet you have a stuck valve in the VB. I don't know that much on the slushboxes, but that's my best guess.

A bad govenor preasure solenoid will cause it to do that. Best bet is to replace both sensors. They are known for going bad. Hold it to the floor and see if it shifts a few seconds after it hits 3200RPM. Mine needs them replaced. Sometimes it will take off it 3rd, sometimes 2nd, sometimes it will lock in first. You can have it scanned, what I bet is happening is you are to high or low in preasure to the solenoide.

Andy

You're in limp mode if it's not going into first, 2nd or overdrive. I would guess that the pressure is too high or there's an electrical connection issue which is causing the limp mode. You can burn up a tranny by starting in limp mode, I would resolve it before driving more than a block.

brandon.

joefarmer said:
You're in limp mode if it's not going into first, 2nd or overdrive. I would guess that the pressure is too high or there's an electrical connection issue which is causing the limp mode. You can burn up a tranny by starting in limp mode, I would resolve it before driving more than a block.

brandon.

i would agree, but did you install the resistor in the governor pressure sensor line if not that is your troubles. but you definitely have a limp in issue.

Chris

Back