My new air-ride setup

L6powered

Between a good friend of mine and myself we built this setup for my dodge. Got tires of the stiff ride and dealing with the helper bags. Now the truck can be lowered and raised to help hook up a trailer. We went with a four link setup. The bags are goodyears and do great when towing.

Here are a few pics.
ddbc8120.jpg

76765e54.jpg

I re-used my controller from my firestone ride-rite setup.
d078c425.jpg

Here is a pic of the truck lowered all the way down. This made it so much easier when unhooking a loaded bumper pull trailer.
05f957ba.jpg

Here it is at ride height with just 15lbs. of air in the bags.
f3156cbb.jpg

can you get some more pics of how the bracket mounts to the axle. also, what size bags did you use and maybe some pics of the mounts for those. lastly, how about full height.

oh, and looks great!

Garrett

Sorry guys I have been real busy with work. I will get more pics by the end of the week. The truck rides amazing. No I want to do the front. I dont' know what size the bags are but will measure them when I take the pics.

Is it just me or does the bag look really close to the bracket, almost like it is being pushed toward the other side toward the exhaust?

Especially since you removed the leafs and are counting on the bags for sole support of the truck you need to be VERY sure that there is NO rubbing at all as a torn bag could lead to a very scarry situation!!! Also, you may want to shield the bag from exhaust heat for the same reasons.

Good work in getting in there and making changes, I just want to make sure you keep it shinny side up!!!

The exhaust was moved after this pic was taken. The trac bar was also added to align everything just right. The truck has been towing heavy five days a week since the setup was complete and I have no complaints.

The exhaust was moved after this pic was taken. The trac bar was also added to align everything just right. The truck has been towing heavy five days a week since the setup was complete and I have no complaints.

Good deal! I'm sure it rides much better than stock!:rockwoot:

I am jealous. Working on gettin brave to do this to my truck this winter. Not sure weather to go 4-link like you do, or just simple swing arm design. Seems both work for class 8 trucks, so figure either would work for a lowly 3/4 ton. Good job, divin in and not just think bout it.

looks good man! i would also love to see some more pic's on this. and i had the same question about the bags. all the bags i have been lookin at seem to be 6" or 10" diameter.
glad to hear she rides awesome!
:rockwoot:

also what are the joints that you used for the control arms? they look like some kind of factory joint of an over the road truck?
thanks

I am jealous. Working on gettin brave to do this to my truck this winter. Not sure weather to go 4-link like you do, or just simple swing arm design. Seems both work for class 8 trucks, so figure either would work for a lowly 3/4 ton. Good job, divin in and not just think bout it.

Cut the rear half off of the leafs, add a lower bar on each side and a trac bar.

Back