01 Duramax CEL code help

snowbound

Dad is in town with his 01 Duramax and his check engine light came on. I cleared it took it for a drive and if you floor it , it looses power bad , won't shift etc. He's running an old Superchips programmer , returned it to stock and went for a rip. Same problem , only worse. Light came back on. Its showing P0093 - Fuel system leak detected - large leak. Obviously there is nothing running onto the ground , so where do I start looking ? Only other mods are 4" exhaust and air intake. Any help would be great , he gotta drive 350 miles home Monday!

Try changing the fuel filter. the large leak is the computer seeing a large difference between desired rail pressure and actual.

Try changing the fuel filter. the large leak is the computer seeing a large difference between desired rail pressure and actual.

get a balance rate check on the inj as well.. check oil for fuel smell/taste

I'll do the filter immediately and get back. Not sure when it was changed last. Thanks.

I'll do the filter immediately and get back. Not sure when it was changed last. Thanks.

drop pass inner feder wheel well and to it that way... IMO easiest way. i jack the front up on mine 35" tire stock lift doesnt leave much room to get to the engine bay at ride height

Pulled the battery out - - twice. Put the filter in , battery back in , then found the primer !? The o-ring was leaking. Pulled it all apart again and got another 3/4 inch turn . Goes way better now. Need to re install programming ( after mom gets her hair cut) Thanks for the help. The inner fender would be the best way , but at -25 celcius , I'd break all the clips !!

Tried to re-install the Superchips micro tuner. Won't go back in. I get to the point where I answer yes to install tuning and it Keeps telling me it lost coms error 002 call Superchips ? I bought a used Flaspaq so I could keep it updated for him , but its not here yet. Any help for the re-install ?

Anyone know what Superchips error code 02 is for the Micro tuner ? Can't re-tune the truck.

May try pulling the radio fuse from the under hood fuse block.Sometimes all the modules trying to communicate with the pcm will lock up a programmer.

Thanks , I'll give it a try. It shows to remove all the Onstar fuses , but the photos show different locations than dads 01.

Pulled the fuse and tuner told me devices were not responding. Hooked the booster cables up for extra voltage and got the same 002 lost comms error. Guess I have to wait for Superchips to email back.

Back