03 High Idle (not from cold weather)

2nsane2005

Okay guys I have a 2003 nv5600 6spd and since owning it it idles at 1000rpms to 1500rpms sometimes with my foot off the pedal. I installed new injectors last year and just recently replaced the fca. It had Edge with attitude when i first bought it, but ditched it for a smarty. I returned it to stock to see if it would help but nothing.

I dont know what my rail pressure is atm, but will have one next week!

Its an intermittent problem that shows its face only once in a while but its always bugged me haha. I also have another 03 6spd and it does the same thing, but i haven't done anything to it and its bone stock.

Cheers

Ive seem them do that with problems ranging from

valves need reset
injectors goin bad
Fca goin out
Goofy apps

Last edited:
Does it only do it when it's cold? When does it happen temp wise. If you depress the brake pedal does it go back to normal?

Does it only do it when it's cold? When does it happen temp wise. If you depress the brake pedal does it go back to normal?

It happens even in the summer!! sometimes it comes down with the brake, sometimes not.

I read about the apps and I think it may be the culprit.

I don't have any codes.

Check your IAT sensor in the intake after the filter. Also, pull your map sensor out and clean it if dirty.

Check your IAT sensor in the intake after the filter. Also, pull your map sensor out and clean it if dirty.

Okay I'll give that a shot! And no I haven't done an apps reset, I don't know how. Is it simple?

Is your radiator dirty?

Turn your a/c on. So your fan clutch will engage. And try to lay a red rag out on the condenser. See if the fan will suck it to the condenser. Or if it will fall down. If it falls or barely sticks either your fan isn't pulling enough air or your radiator is filthy.

Is your radiator dirty?

Turn your a/c on. So your fan clutch will engage. And try to lay a red rag out on the condenser. See if the fan will suck it to the condenser. Or if it will fall down. If it falls or barely sticks either your fan isn't pulling enough air or your radiator is filthy.

Okay ill give it a shot mate :thankyou2:

Gibson,

I forgot about this thread lol but I did try what you said and the cloth sticks to the condenser. Have any other ideas? Thanks

Back