03 Injector issue

JOESHTRDDSL

Nothing Special
I have an 03 and just had a set of injectors gone through and balanced. Installed the injectors and truck ran great for 2 weeks. One morning went out to start it and it had a slight knock. When put in gear the knock was very loud. As the engine rpm is raised to 1200 + the knock went away. As the engine warmed up the knock went away. The knock is the same when started cold everyday. I also started having a rough idle that is getting worse as the week went on. My question is, do I have an injector hanging and will it hurt anything to drive for another week untill I can borrow another car? The truck runs good, no miss, not down on power, no increased smoke output, no rise in egt's. If you think there is another place to look or a test I can do then please post up. Sorry for the long read, just wanted to be informative.

Thanks, Joe

Thats exactly what I have currently. The diesel shop I took it to confirmed it as a bad injector with 3 others that are out of wack 2 are low and ones high. They did it on their scanner and they isolated the bad cylinder by shutting it down which was cylinder one and the knock went away when they shut the injector off.

I asked the shop about it and they said it should be fine for now but, I could start having hard starts, white smoke, ect but I just have the knock at low rpm and when its cold no other symptoms. Good luck Im sure others will chime in that actually know. whats going on.

Back