03 injectors in 04.5

maybe you could change out the nozzles on the 03 injectors to the 04.5 nozzles. i know the bowl design on the pistons and the spray pattern on the injectors is different on the 03-04

yeah just change the nozzles from 03 to 04.5, the 03 nozzles wont work, the spray pattern is different. you would be spraying way outside the bowl. I have a 06 truck with 03 injectors and 04 pistons..lol

My problem is that i have a set of injectors that came out of my truck (03) and I have a guy that wants them for his truck (04.5) sounds like it just isnt going to work though...

the bodies would work but tips wont...is he buying them for the tips on the bodies?

It was the tips he is after,, I have a really big set of ddp's that he is interested in...

yeah just change the nozzles from 03 to 04.5, the 03 nozzles wont work, the spray pattern is different. you would be spraying way outside the bowl. I have a 06 truck with 03 injectors and 04 pistons..lol

I agree that you can't put 8hole tips on an 04.5...Or vs vsa....

How is the Two injection event hardware working with your 3 injection event ECM????

I havent had a problem, yet. the truck runs really smooth I did blow a headgasket but I think it had nothing to do with the injection event mearly the power the truck was making and my own fault...lol

As was stated before the 03/04 spray pattern is in the 155* area and the 04.5+ are in the 122* range. So the wide pattern of the early motors is way too wide for the late motors.

it will work it just won't run well........

I did 03-04 style pistons and injectors in the 05 puller in TX that's being built for my father to have some fun!

it will work it just won't run well........

I did 03-04 style pistons and injectors in the 05 puller in TX that's being built for my father to have some fun!

Taylor, I'm assuming you left the 3 injection event ECM on it?? or did you change it to an 03/04 ecm??

Wondering if I should think about this before it's too late ....the build will start soon...This will cost more and more time as well...hmmm

we left the 05 comp on it for now and it's running great, coated them and shaved them down, should work well.

I've got a pic of the pistons on my email

Mine Are Slightly Shaved And Coated As Well, I Did Mine This Way Because I Got The Injectors Cheap And The Pistons Dirt Cheap.. Also Wanted To See The Diff In The Pistons After About 5k Miles Compared To My 06 Pistons After 5k Miles.

Mine Are Slightly Shaved And Coated As Well, I Did Mine This Way Because I Got The Injectors Cheap And The Pistons Dirt Cheap.. Also Wanted To See The Diff In The Pistons After About 5k Miles Compared To My 06 Pistons After 5k Miles.

Interesting....

I may have to stay with the 04.5+ pistons due to the cost and availibility of them for me...Gonna coat them though...

Keep us posted...

Thanks

Back