05 6.0 intermittent miss for a second and back to normal

Huston08

Ok so i just recently did a coolant filter kit full cat ec-1 coolant swap oil cooler standpipes dummy plugs resealed and cleaned all injectors stc fitting update new ipr orings and screen intake and valve cover gaskets all new ford filters and motorcraft oil then took a long time of cranking and charging my batteries to get it to finally start when it started ran rough then cleared up let it idle about 20 mins took it out on a 45 mile trip ran the hell out of it ran better than it ever has but now after about 150 miles on all of it i can be sitting in neutral and slowly accelerate and feel a slight miss and at stop lights sometimes it will miss real good for a second or so then snap out of it it dont matter hot or cold it always has the slight miss but the other harder miss is real intermittent this truck is really starting to test my patients lol any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

A lot of stuff will bypass the screen under your oil cooler, it has to go somewhere.

I did change the oil and yeah i know a hiccup should be normal but this is hangin around a little too long and it has that really slight miss all the time

Sounds like a stiction issue to me. I had a similar problem with on of the trucks I worked on. Doesn't take much at all to lock up the spools on the injectors.

I took the coils off the injectors and could tell that the spool was stuck because it should move freely by just barely touching it. If it feels rough than you can take it apart clean it up and put it back together. I have made out good doing this. Just have to keep track of the shims the which way the bolt went through, and the you get the spool in the right way and not backwards.

I had one do a similar miss the just happened to be a bad connection to ficm, the locks on connectors suck

I did clean up the spool valves because i had stiction before i did all this i will have to check my ficm connections again

Have you found anything yet?

I have clean the spool valves before and it helped a little but it still would get an interment miss. Ended up buying injectors. In my experience with the ficm pins you can wiggle the plugs and get a spot were it will miss.

No i havent found anything yet but it is throwing a few codes for cyl2 contrubution cyl 8 voltage too low and a crank sensor code then today checked again after a 200 mile trip and it is showing a cyl7 contrubution code i have a gut feeling this is electrical related im gonna tinker with the ficm and harness on my day off and see if i can narrow it down i put a volt meter in an empty hole below my egt gauge and when i first fire it up its between 11 and 12 volts once i start to drive i bumps up to 13 to 14 but occasionally drops down around 12 so maybe im having voltage issues

Back