05 6.0

Hey guys, There is an 05 6.0 going for sale online in a couple days, truck has 119,00, says that it will turn over but wont start?(old city truck so no tuners}I know it could be something simple like a fuel filter or cracked line, but what would be the most $$ that can happen to these things? If i can get it cheap, fix and sell for several thousand more is my plan. Thanks guys, i have not a clue on these v8 diesels

HPOP?? a headgasket???? anybody have any idea of what a shops flag time is on the job or what it usually costs? i dont have a lift to get the cab and everything off so i woould have to have it done somewhere.

The last three times I've had it done it ran me about $3500 each time. I also exploited the fact that the motor was apart and the perfect time for stupid little add on's. Which aren't cheap either.

it can numerous things if it will crank no start. more than likely it has a high pressure oil leak. alot if times the stc fittin on the back of the hpop will blow apart causing a crank no start, its kinda costly cause its time consuming more than anything

most expensive would be a HPOP or FICM. doubt it would be an oil leak usually they will cause the truck not to start when its warm. could be STC fitting, IPR, IPC or CMP all of those will cause a no start when cold

Back