06 crank no start

hondarider

Im working on a buddies 06 6.oh that was showing no oil pressure and wasn't starting. It's bone stock and barely has 90k miles. I pulled the oil filter and noticed it was dry. So I pushed that spring down at the bottom and cranked the truck to find out it didn't fill. Went under the truck and pulled the 12mm Allen and the spring came flying out. Found no debris inside so I put it back together and now have oil pressure! Not sure why it was stuck but I got oil psi now. Hooked up a scan tool and icp shows 150psi cranking... Put a known good icp in and same thing. Would the ipr be bad maybe?

Any help would be great!

Does your scanner run an ipr duty cycle? I like to get a stethoscope and set the duty cycle for 90% and with my stethoscope on the ipr valve listen for a click. If you here it click most likely the valve it working, and you have a bad stc fitting or blown oring somewhere.

Ended up having a bad ipr. Tested it and it didn't move or so anything. Put a new one in and still no start. Out air to the system and hear a leak in the valley. Stc fitting was blown. Replaced with new updated one and truck runs like a champ!

Back